CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Instrument Panel 95 vs 96

maremrak

Can instrument panel from 96 STS be put on 95 STS without any major modification? I checked the archives, but did not find anything on this topic. Any imput is appreciated.

1960 Sedan De Ville (sold)

1970 Coupe De Ville (sold)

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

It is better looking, but in 1996 they introduced OBD II and different set of keys has to be pressed to run the diagnostics. Other than that I am wandering if it will fit.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

Ok, looks like there may be a message center under the radio on the console. Personally, it looks like to much modifications even if it is possible.

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

I think you are right. The whole center console would neet to be replaced also, and then to rewire everything. I thought that somebody already have done it and have a feedback. I do not like the look on mine, and I am looking to replace only the inner part where RPM and Speed meter are located.

1987 Mazda RX-7 (sold)

I prefer the look of my 95. I don't even see where it tells you your miles to empty and all that economy stuff

It's all done via the Driver Information Center, which is located directly underneath the speedometer and tachometer. The design of the 96+ dashes is more ergonomic, although style is certainly subjective. With the newer dashes, all the controls are conveniently placed in the center of the dash, like on most vehicles, instead of all "jumbled up" (for lack of a better term) around the instrument cluster. I've driven both and there's no question which dash is more user-friendly. In addition, the more complex HVAC controls on the 96+ dash allows you to manually select the HVAC mode (panel, floor, bi-level), whereas the earlier style HVAC didn't.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

I'll never say it cant be done......but you would be chasing your tail.

You would be in far off in better shape and cheaper to trade in the '95 for a '96 model.

Archived