CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

stupid key fobs

movement

Okay... I've (my wife) lost our #2 Key Fob for my 2004 CTS.

Now, in the past, with my 96 STS, 93 Fleetwood and 91 STS, I've been able to ebay a fob and learn how to program it using various technics.

Is that still true?

Where's the programming technic? What part number am I looking for for a #2 fob?

Thanks in advance!

Randy

Darn it forgot to snag my Wife's #2 fob part number; but I'll post soon. Not sure on the programming, since the 3.6l's don't have onboard diagnostics I suppose you need a tech 2.

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Perhaps I could just take it to the Dealer and tell them it stopped working... it's still under warranty....

The Tech 2 is mad expensive...

You got the 3.6l also didn't you?

We need to crack the code man!

-Randy

I'm a computer programmer...

perhaps we could write a Tech 2 Emulator software and make a USB cable...

then we could hook a laptop to it!

we could sell the cable and software for $300 and make money and save everybody a lot of loot!

exciting!

-Randy

There are some places that have OBDII software, but the CTS is on the new GM LAN approach for inter-vehicle communication, not TPW as previous. Most readers of course are readers and not bi-directional as the Tech 2 is.

Bruce

Hmmm her #2 keyfob had the same part number on the back as my #1 keyfob.

Only diff is the 1 or 2.

Check http://www.ghg.net/dharrison/canscan.htm The CAN version I suspect would work with the GMLAN, since it is a CAN implementation. I used the VPW version with a laptop and my 96 STS and it worked as advertised. Note he also has a programmer's guide for if you want to work on custom software.

Bruce

Men, I have my #2 key (for my STS) programmed for my wife but, the key remains in a special place in the house not on her key chain.

Same for my '88 Deville spare. Even though I keep her key on my chain.

By the way the wife has only driven the STS once on her last birthday. I took her Jeep to get it washed and waxed as part of a birthday gift.

Peace

ByStorm

B)

Im not sure but I believe that there is a module that you need to ground out a programming terminal in the connector. You will hear all of the doors unock and the trunk pop. Then you need to um....hrrm i cant seem to remember.....maybe unlock the doors with the fob.....hrrmmm...darn sorry. :P

On my FOB I wish that trunk button could be disabled.  Mine is quite sensitive.

Jim

Just put a small piece of thick paper like a postcard over the trunk contacts inside and that should keep it from making a connection.

I had to do that so I wouldn't keep tripping the panic alarm when I laid on the couch.

Try it, hope it helps.

Steve Reno

Archived