CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Help! Im a moron!

So I was scraping the snow off of my windshield and ended up catchin the passenger side wiper blade and hyperextending it back so that it crossed with the drivers side wiper blade. Now only the drivers side blade works.....any thoughs on what needs to be done and how much money I may have just cost myself? Thanks

If that does not work, sometimes there is a safety feature built into the wiper mechanism in case the wipers freeze to the glass, try moving the wiper back to the starting position, it may snap back into the detent position in the wiper transmission... Mike

yeah loosen the bolt under the cap and move the arm back retighten bolt if the thing wont go tight enough to hold the arm down slip a few washers under the bolt and that will hold it till you get a new arm, NAPA has them for 15-20 bucks a piece(I broke both mine last year and the washers held them for 6 months till I got new ones)

Good luck, Joe

Yep , you just need new arms, i think they made the post steel and the arms aluminum just for your situation so the arms would fail and not the wiper gear box(easy fix)

Joe

ouch on the wiper fluid :blink: the post has teeth on it and when you bolt the arm down the teeth seat themselves into the aluminum if something stops the arm while its turning i.e. snow, you scrapping the windshield :( the teeth just strip out the arm, tightening the bolt will give it some bite but eventually it will fail, to remove the arm just take the bolt off and GENTLY pry up on the arm

Joe

Archived