CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Personal Update

JasonA

Just thought I'd give a personal update, as the year comes to a close and the holidays draw near.

We just found out my wife is pregnant. Due date is 14 August! We've been looking at minivans for some time, as some of you may know. Last night we brought home a 2003 Grand Caravan (Sandalwood color) and I think we're going to purchase it today. At the same time, my brother is looking around for a 4x4 truck so he doesn't have to drive his C5 every day, and he's going to purchase my '95 Nissan 4x4 from me. That'll make a good truck for him. I was planning to keep the truck for a while, but this opportunity presented itself, and I think he needs the truck more than I do right now. That means the SLS will go back into daily duty, but at least for this winter, there won't be car seats yet in the van so I'll be able to drive it on the yucky days. But next winter, the Cadillac will probably have to venture out into that white stuff that summons all the crazies out from the wood. :( And you know what that means. Snow/salt = splash guards! :P

Anyway, just thought I'd give a little update of all the big changes that are happening so quickly in our little lives in North Carolina. I hope everyone will have a very blessed Christmas.

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Congratulations on the new baby on the way. Our first baby was when I traded the Porsche 944 in for a car that could fit a baby seat. Also stopped smoking, bought a house, and settled down a bit more. Still miss the Porsche, but the CTS is quicker.

We're just selling our last honda minivan, which my late son had been driving to school; my wife is driving a Mountaineer until we finish carpool duty, then wants a Mustang GT to replace it. Younger son won't need a car for 3 yrs. I always enjoy car shopping; I wish I was better at selling cars for something closer to their 'book' private party value.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Congratulations Jason! August 14 is a good day to have a baby. Now I may be a little biased because that's also the day I'm tying the knot. Scary thing is I'm starting to look at mini vans a little differently. They're actually becoming more appealing to me (ack!) for some strange reason. Kind of like when I became interested in a 4 door auto over a 2 door. Never thought that day would come either. Ugh! What's happening to me? lol

-kg

"Burns" rubber

" I've never considered myself to be all that conservative, but it seems the more liberal some people get the more conservative I become. "

The funny thing about pregnant wives? The Victoria Secret catalogs stop coming for 3 years....

... We just found out my wife is pregnant.  Due date is 14 August! 

Jason,

You are the MAN!

Managed to get the wife pregnant..CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

I hope you want and get a boy so you can teach him all about the value of a Caddy and the joy of WOT's!!! lol

I have three daughters and one son. The daughters wouldn't know a WOT if it hit them in the butt...

My son is a twenty year old full time student and will be home for Christmas tomorrow,

Just in time for WOT's all the way to New York for some Manly Snowboarding...

The 'girls' are going to Florida.. "Too Cold in New York!" Boo Hoo LOL LOL

When times get rough; collic, flu, diapers. etc... Remember, it only gets better as they get older! Yah... like in their twenties!!!!

Enjoy the special Miracle from God...They truly are miracles...You'll see!

The funny thing about pregnant wives? The Victoria Secret catalogs stop coming for 3 years....

Three years huh? Guess the mail man has been stealing my wifes for the last 20 years. :lol:

CONGRATULATIONS!

Scary thing is I'm starting to look at mini vans a little differently. They're actually becoming more appealing to me (ack!) for some strange reason.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!

I always have liked minivans....at least the idea of them. We looked at a few different ones, and I really like the GM vans, but my wife didn't care for the styling. She liked the styling of the Mopar vans the best, and I'm amiable to a Dodge -- we always have had great luck with our Jeeps. With the four captain's chairs and 50/50 split rear bench, it's incredibly versatile, if a bit slow (3.3L). But it's clean as a whistle and I'm actually "excited" about owning one! We were going to have to take my ol' Nissan truck up to Virginia for Christmas, to return a gas pressure washer to my father-in-law, and come back with two large night stands, but we can now do all that in a van that quite honestly rides at least as smooth as the Cadillac. Perhaps it's suspension bushings that are 110,000 miles newer than the SLS's, but still...it's a smoooooth ride. :lol:

Jason(2001 STS, White Diamond)

"When you turn your car on...does it return the favor?"

Jadcock,

1. Congratulations ! :)

2. There's always the Caddy SRX minivan or Escalade maxovan. Does anyone know what a used SRX runs (for cost, not ET). "She who must be obeyed" has commented on getting an "uppity" as she refers to minivans - just to be able to see in traffic. :P

3. Now, back to the baby thing... As I recall, wern't you incapacitated somewhat a while back? As in couldn't get off your back and get around too much etc? It seems that you (and her) may have made up for some lost time... ;)

May your family be happy and healthy ! :)

Add power to leave problems behind. Most braking is just - poor planning.

August 14Th…A very good day indeed! That’s the birthday of my #1 son, (I have four) twenty six years ago. Let’s see.. at the time my wife and I were driving a ’72 BMW 2002Tii, and a 3.0 CSI. Those were my ‘Bimmer’ days. B) Yep, time to get something more civilized, like a station wagon Oh, man…LOL (Mini vans had not quite hit yet.) That evolved into something bigger with two sons, then three. By the time we had #4,and were hauling around thier schools wrestling team it was time for a family ‘battle wagon’, a Suburban. We’ve had a couple of those, once you get used to them, they’re hard to do without. Even though they’re all grown up and mostly gone, we’ve still got the last Sub. Like I said, they’re indispensable, especially when everyone is visiting.

Congratulations, and a double toast may be coming 8/14/05! ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Jason,

Get this..

I get home last night, first thing out of my wife's mouth;

My oldest daughter is pregnant with our FOURTH grandchild!

How ironic is that...thought about you right away...

Enjoy that child every day of your life!

Archived