CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New England meet?

The_Raven

Howyadoin,

Lake George sounds great, the entertainment options would make for a great weekend. Something to do for everyone... I've never been there, but I've heard great things about the area.

Figure a drive-in on Saturday late AM, with a swap meet perhaps. Judged events for various era Cadillacs, with certificates for the winners. I can print and frame these a lot cheaper than buying trophies, but trophies would be sweet if we can get them sponsored by someone who wants a tax write-off.

For judged events, maybe best modified/unmodified, best interior, best exterior, best entertainment system, best overall, that kinda stuff. We could also do stuff like loudest/quietest Caddy, or maybe bring a Cimarron and charge $1.00 a whack with a sledgehammer... ;) Just kidding, folks... And of course, a case of beer or soda for the person who came the furthest to be there!

If people are going to bring kids, the attractions at the lake can keep them occupied, but if someone wants to look into entertainment options like a clown or something, that's an option to consider.

Sunday, maybe a breakfast get-together before departing.

Is there anyone that can look into locations? Someplace lakeside would be excellent, of course. As far as timing, would June 19-20 be a good weekend?

I'm stoked to see this much interest... Thought this had kinda died on the vine, but it looks like spring has sprung and everybody's looking forward to a quality road trip. I know I am!

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"Refined Sugar" - '96 SLS, 175K

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

Lake George is a bit far for me. No biggie, especially if the other idea flies. I would like to see both ideas go, so maybe we can start making a letter for Cadillac. Maybe we could do something near Las Vegas for us westerners, and something in/by New York for the New Englanders?

Lake George is a bit far for me. No biggie, especially if the other idea flies. I would like to see both ideas go, so maybe we can start making a letter for Cadillac. Maybe we could do something near Las Vegas for us westerners, and something in/by New York for the New Englanders?

Howyadoin,

Why not? Vegas would be cool as hell... Figure all those rust-free desert cars, right? I remember being in Phoenix and being blown away by all the old cars still looking pretty decent compared to the rustbuckets the Northeast creates over the years. No reason to have only one get-together. Spread the love, man...

Flying in Guru is a cool idea. BTW, if all the people who owe Guru a beer show up, we're gonna need a stretcher for him :blink:

I'll tell ya what, American pride is at stake here! :angry: Hell, the Germans are doing it, why can't we?

Check this out!

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

"...the Caddy is dedicated to relentlessly -- and comfortably -- converting time into distance." -J.J. Gertler

i would if it was closer.

Andrew Morris

Dallas, Texas

1998 Black Eldorado:

full custom Borla exhaust

Custom intake

1500 watt Hifonics amp

3 12inch Boston Acoustic G2 subwoofers

I-pod integrated

18 inch Lexani Krystals with Z-rated tires

E&G classics Billet grill

BMW E36 Angel Eye Headlights

Ported SS heads

The multiple location idea sounds great, but which one would bbobynski go to??!!?? :lol:

I once went to a Microsoft rollout of Window 98 in NYC, and it was simulcast all over the country, it felt like Bill Gates was right there with you! Maybe we could do something like that....

I think it would be great to meet you all after all this time. Hey the motorcycle guys do this all the time!

How about a central location like St. Louis? That would be 955 miles for me, one way. I am a commercial real estate appraiser and when they hold courses many times the hold them in Kansas City or St. Louis as they are more centrally located and I think Kansas City is a airline hub (not that anyone will fly). Just a thought.

Howyadoin,

Just a random thought...

Cadillac has events across the country where they invite people to drive Caddys along with other makes, right? Maybe we could meet at the site of one of those. They're spread out, so it would be probably multiple regional groups, but that would be cool too, no? Since Caddy's in town already, it might be a chance to get some sponsorship. I don't mean to harp on sponsorship, but it's a lot easier to spend someone's write-off marketing money for some things than have to maintain a kitty and chase people for contributions. I still like Lake George and Vegas though. Each would be great for exactly the opposite reasons! :)

-Rav

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

Hi all..........

It really sounds like a great idea and real estate activity permitting, I would make a serious effort to attend. What's this talk about flying Guru in ???? Won't his car make it??? :P Or, is he overseas???

Has anyone else noticed the posting times for this website?? For awhile I suspected that it was being initiated from England. I have yet to understand what's going on.

Rather than simultaneous gatherings on the East Coast and the West Coast, how about one in the early summer and one in the fall? Some may choose to attend both. Just a thought...

Take care....

Has anyone else noticed the posting times for this website?? For awhile I suspected that it was being initiated from England. I have yet to understand what's going on.

Go to MY CONTROLS then on the left side under OPTIONS click BOARD SETTINGS. From there you can set the time to your time zone.

How about...Bowling Green, KY. Close enough for Guru. Corvette museum....and maybe a Corvette plant tour where the XLR is also built.

And you could see the fake DTS!

• 2 weeks later...

Howyadoin,

Hmmm... Salem, MA to Lake George... 500 mi. round trip. Nice.

Salem, MA to Bowling Green, 2200 mi. round trip. Zoinks! That's a bit heavy for a weekend jaunt, eh?

Vegas? 5,470 mi... The first 2,735 miles would rock. The ride home, not so much :(

I'm thinking regional meets... NY in the summer, KY in the fall and Vegas in the winter maybe? Seeing the GM plant in KY would be Very Cool. I'd be flying in to Vegas for sure, find a rental company to hook me up with a CTS or DTS or something... Mmmmmm.... desert.....

But whaddayasay we start with the Lake George thing first?

-Mark P.

Salem, MA

IPB Image

The regional idea makes some sense. As much as Lake George sounds great - that's a four day round trip for us folks in the mid-atlantic area - hard to fit in. Maybe one in Lake George and another in VA or NC or WV. I'll set up an EBay auction to see which of the meets would get Guru-lol ...oh, maybe we should find out if he actually would want to meet any of us???

If the folks in the central east coast area like the idea, finding a place near the Blue Ridge trail would be easy and that is a beautiful drive in the mountains.

If we did this and captured some decent pics and "stories" then sent an info packet off to Cadillac - I think that we might have a much easier time catching thier interest for participation in the next round. Once they saw that people would come and that there would be potential marketing value to them they might jump in.

The Corvette plant tour in Bowling Green, KY is awsome, but I think that tours are only Mon-Fri so it would be a longer weekend for the tour minded.

If you are less than 900 miles or so I think that people would consider a three day road trip for a Saturday or Sunday event.

If someone wants to take the lead from the northern group I would volunteer to take the lead for the mid-atlantic region. We could then try to find a good weekend and put a few more details together so that people could start to plan and make a committment to attend. It would not be difficult to book a block of hotel rooms for the $50 range, and that same hotel could also possibly be the base - big lot, etc. I'm sure that someone would host Guru and provide him with transportation if he flew in. Covering his airfare with say 10 participants would not be a big hit to anyone or some of us might have enough airline points to kick in a ticket. At any rate, it is doable if he was willing to attend. Guru I have not seen you chime in yet! Scary thought - actually meeting us huh?

Archived