CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Forbes: Cadillac better but not best yet

Bruce Nunnally

http://www.forbes.com/home/columnists/2004..._1214flint.html

Unfortunately, the first thing I checked in this ESV was the glove compartment, and discovered that this luxury SUV, with a sticker of $63,420, didn't have a light in the glove box. That is my personal test: If you build a luxury vehicle without a glove compartment light, you don't know what you are doing. I made the same complaint back when the Cadillac CTS was introduced.

A high-level GM executive phoned me, said I was right and that they would correct it as soon as they could--in a few years. Cadillac did put a glove compartment light in the new Cadillac STS, which is built off the CTS platform. So there's some progress. As far as I can tell, the only person at GM (nyse: GM - news - people ) who can actually get something done, such as ordering cheesy plastic cladding taken off the sides of a car, is Vice Chairman Robert Lutz. It's not a good system when you have to go to that level to get any action. Bob Lutz shouldn't have to spend his time fighting to get glove box lights put in GM's luxury cars.

The new chief of Cadillac is a car engineer. For the past few years all of GM's division chiefs have been marketing people. Suddenly Cadillac is headed by a man who knows cars, knows enough to demand better than what the division has been building. This is a significant change in organization, the beginning of a quiet reorganization.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

that is completely ridiculus that the glovebox doesnt have a light. Honestly, why would they do away with such a simple feature. That makes no sense, i would be extremely disturbed if i spent 60k on a vehicle that didnt have a light. Ridiculus.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

The new chief of Cadillac is a car engineer. For the past few years all of GM's division chiefs have been marketing people.

:o Is GM still an American company? :lol:

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

The new chief of Cadillac is a car engineer. For the past few years all of GM's division chiefs have been marketing people.

:o Is GM still an American company? :lol:

Selbstverständlich! ;)

'93 STS.. opened, dropped, wide...fast.

user posted image

Archived