CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The XLR DOES exist

JimD

How long has the XLR been available to buyers? Two years?

And I see one per year! The first one was in Ann Arbor (gee, I wonder who was driving that one?) last December. And today I saw one on the streets of Atlanta.

Must be a new definition of "limited production automobile".

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

How long has the XLR been available to buyers? Two years?

And I see one per year! The first one was in Ann Arbor (gee, I wonder who was driving that one?) last December. And today I saw one on the streets of Atlanta.

Must be a new definition of "limited production automobile".

I have seen a few on the road and they are beautiful. But at $80,000 I am not surprised that they are not popping up everywhere! I had a dream the other night that I won the NYS lottery for $33 million... I immediately thought Corvette and then said, NA... XLR :lol: (its more in keeping with my old FRAME!!!)

I stop by my Caddy dealer just to see the XLR often

My local Caddy Dealer has 2 in the show room a 2004 and a 2005...

In Canada these cars go for over $110K... The salesman told me that he has no trouble moving C6 Corvettes... The XLRs just sit there... Total shame..

I've already talked my wife into buying a 2005 model in 2009/2010 when I can afford this georgeous car...

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

I have seen a couple cruising in the Sacramento, CA area. They look pretty good.

I think the high price is what is keeping people away from them.

As much as I would like one the price is to stiff. I could buy a new Vette for $52k and still have $30k to party on, and that can be a lot of party.

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

I could buy a new Vette for $52k and still have $30k to party on, and that can be a lot of party.

-George

George:

Buy the Vette and let me know the where / when / and how many days this party will continue....

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

We have one in black in Regina...on the showroom floor for the past year roughly. Right beside it is the same CTS-v in black and has been there since it has been released. Not too many people around here can afford $75,000 and $110,000 cars. I sure would like to take the CTS-v over to the BMW or Mercedes-Benz dealership on a test drive and lay a couple patches lmao :lol: .

Spence

The Caddy dealer in Ridgewood, New Jersey claims he can't keep them in stock. But then again, Ridgewood has some pretty wealthy people living there.

If you really want to make people safe drivers again then simply remove all the safety features from cars. No more seat belts, ABS brakes, traction control, air bags or stability control. No more anything. You'll see how quickly people will slow down and once again learn to drive like "normal" humans.

The Caddy dealer in Ridgewood, New Jersey claims he can't keep them in stock. But then again, Ridgewood has some pretty wealthy people living there.

Didn't Nixon use to live in Ridgewood?

My local Caddy Dealer has 2 in the show room a 2004 and a 2005...

In Canada these cars go for over $110K... The salesman told me that he has no trouble moving C6 Corvettes... The XLRs just sit there... Total shame..

I've already talked my wife into buying a 2005 model in 2009/2010 when I can afford this georgeous car...

I hear ya. BTW, we have to get together for a beer one day. So let's consider the cost of a XLR in todays dollars. A year and a bit ago, the ticket on this car was the 110 your talking about (canuck bucks) Our dollar has has increased (from the low to the peak) about 25 percent. Simple math says this car should only cost us $82,500 at the peak of the Canuck buck. I would not purchase a 2004. The dealers cost was was too high. My math say's this beast should be 82,500 if the dealer purchased the car in the last few months. It's like the gas thingy. If oil is priced in US dollars, why has the price of gas continued to climb here in Canada?Sooo...2009-2010 could be much closer than you think.

Rick

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

We can all go to Gearge's party in our new XLR's.

2001 STS Mettalic Otter Grey, Black Leather, 213,000 kilometers - miles - ? Still running strong!

we have to get together for a beer one day.

2009-2010 could be much closer than you think.

Rick

Sure Rick, next time your in town give Rob a call and we can all have lunch/beer... Oh and by the way... I'm not a CEO.... I'm only a CIO....

caddy.jpg

Easin' down the highway in a new Cadillac,

I had a fine fox in front, I had three more in the back

ZZTOP, I'm Bad I'm Nationwide

Greg

If the XLR had a manual and more horsepower (like over 450..or even 500) I think it would do much better, but im not a marketing analyist. It's really to bad that (in my opinion) Cadillac will never be able to produce a coupe that exceeds the Corvette's stats. Anyone else agree?

A.J.

I could buy a new Vette for $52k and still have $30k to party on, and that can be a lot of party.

-George

George:

Buy the Vette and let me know the where / when / and how many days this party will continue....

Unfortunately this darn STS keeps running so good I can't justify it at this time. B)

-George

Drive'em like you own 'em. - ....................04 DTS............................

DTS_Signature.jpg

COME TO BOWLING GREEN, I'LL SHOW YOU A LOT FULL OF THEM. AND I'LL TAKE ONE OF EACH, XLR, C6 ZO6, AND CTSV. B) KEEPING IT ALL IN THE FAMILY SO TO SPEAK. ;) OUR LOCAL DEALER DOESN'T EVEN HAVE ONE. THERES XLR HAULERS EVERWHERE HERE. THEY DELIVER THOSE IN COVERED TRKS. WITH XLR PLASTERED ALL OVER IT LEAVING NO DOUBT WHATS INSIDE.

Acklac7,

I am just theorising, but from what I have read the XLR with the "V" treatment will get the supercharged Northstar, and six speed stick that will motivate the STS-V aswell. I think they are both due out for 2006.

" ...'took my Cobra down t' the track, hitched to the back o' my Cadillac..."

- Jan & Dean, 'hey little cobra'

Scott

Cadillac met/exceeded all expectations for the XLR. I'm happy about it. I remember when "Art & Science" was first being bandyed about, and that the then-new CTS styling would make or break Cadillac. I feel like that was a pivotal time for Cadillac - especially with the demise of Oldsmobile around then. Looks like they made it!

I see one XLR every or every other day in South Florida. I'll bet alot are in CA as-well.

cheers,

~Doc

post-3-1103464657.jpg

Like Cardio said.......I usually see one every other day or so down here too....they are pretty nice but I dont think it would hurt too much to take 10k off the price.....or make something unique about it...special editions or something.

Archived