CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

If it is on the 2000 Eldorado, it is probably the sensor.

Check the connections to the sensors... there are two of them...

If I remember right, there were a bunch of bad sensors for the 2000 model year.

If the connections are OK, replace BOTH sensors at the same time.

Posted Image

I would imagine there is a good reason for 2 different sensors, like length, clearance, etc...

The early 2000s were notorious for crank sensors, VSS sensors, etc...

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

This morning it made a big attack. Stalled and hard to restart. Then ran as if nothing had happened.

P0386

P1372

P1574 (unrelated?)

Guess I´ll have to order new sensors now!?

Replace both crankshaft sensors and that will take care of the P0335, P0386 and P1372 codes.

For the P1574, check if all brake lights are working... It may just be a bad bulb.

If the bulbs are OK, check the connection on the brake light switch by the brake pedal.

If that is OK...

Posted Image

According to the 2002 FSM, the condition for setting DTC P1574 is

A 4.02 km/h (2.5 mph) or greater decrease in non-drive wheel speed in 0.4 second and extended travel brake switch or TCC brake switch indicating brakes applied and no transition noticed in the stop lamp contacts of the stop lamp switch.

The test is run only if the car has gone over 20 mph and is still moving over 4 mph, TC and ABS are not activated, and DTCs P0502, P0503, P0719, P0724, P1575 and P1602 not set. The explanation is

DTC P1574 indicates the stoplamp switch signal to the EBCM or the EBCM's ability to send the stop lamp switch signal to the PCM has failed. Refer to ABS/TCS DTCs for diagnosis of the stoplamp switch signal and the EBCM.

The troubleshooting chart says to look for Cnnnn codes and fix that if any are set, then goes right to "Repair the short to voltage on the stop lamp switch signal circuit."

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I think that the P1574 basically means that an inappropriate decrease in speed has been detected in the rear wheels. Anything that can cause that can throw a P1572. For example, pulling the transmission down into a lower gear to decelerate on a rough road can cause a little tire slippage and throw a P1574. A pothole that throws a rear wheel up in the air while decreasing its spin can throw a P1572. Etc.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived