CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dogbone radiator cap

f0ff387a9d0213afec032e89748203de.jpg

Although one famous picture of the SS100 showed the leaping cat hood emblem like the Duke has, many SS100s had this dogbone radiator cap.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

And the winged logo too?

So you were researching Jag decor at 3:35am? Assuming you have a day job as well as tending to your Duke and Caddy and this forum and life, now I know your secret. You don't sleep.

I'm happy with "The Leaper". I found a couple of bits of cheap bling for the front. The blue "Duke" decal in the crossbar oval was cracked and peeling, so I took it off and replaced it with a Jaguar name plate bar that came off an old hub cap. There was a rusted carriage bolt head at the top of the grill below the Leaper. The bolt was holding nothing, just filling a hole. In its place is a badge pin that has the Jaguar face with "Jaguar Coventry" circling it. I actually want a few hints of the design origin. There is a "Jaguar Enthusiasts Club" sticker on the back. Don't know if there is such a club. Before these additions, I had more than one person ask me if this was a TC or TD. The grill badge was on the car and just says "England".

FrontDetai1l.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived