Bruce Nunnally

Duke SS100 Jaguar replica wheel choices

Hi all! I am the proud owner of a 1937 SS100 replica, built on a 1972 VW Bug chassis. Purchased it 2 years ago for a decent price, as it was left to the element for a while. It spent it's first canadian winter with me, in a warm garage. After I had it checked for safety issues by a garagist, I did quite a bit of esthetics on it. New carpet, new birds eye maple dash, new panels and new chrome. The main issue I had was faulty grounds. They were everywhere. Horn, front lights, rear flashers, etc. With the help of a more knowledeable guy, got it back on the road later than expected... 

For the wheels, I purchased some vintage centerline mags, but found some used Daytona wire mags instead. Just need to get adapters... maybe this year... This winter, I attacked the fuel tank. It was and original Beetle tank, but takes way to much room in the nose part. Had to got custom, so I can use the space for a bit of storage. Got a contact near my place for it, but I am still waiting for it. It is driving me crazy as I see the weather get better, and I am nowhere near where I want to be at this point. Oh, and I still need arm & wipers assemblies... ARGH! 

All this on a $100 a month budget... Thanks to an agreement with the better half, to get into this project. This was the condition... MAN!!! I'm earning this! LOL

*Rant over*

Feel free to comment

What was the source kit or manufacturer?  

This site has some common components: http://www.mgmagicclassicmotorparts.com/

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black; 2013 Cadillac ATS 2L Turbo Premium (Wife's)

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube