CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

watch those tyc 700108 blower motors from Amazon

I had a bad blower motor on my 98 Deville base sedan, so I ordered a tyc700108 from Amazon.First one ups lost, ok so they sent another one that didn't work, I sent it back and they sent another one that didn't work. I couldn't believe that I could get 2 bad new units, changed the acm 2 times, checked all the wiring over and over until I found another Deville in the area that I could jump between cars. bad blower motor, Got ahold of amazon and asked if they could test the units before sending it and was told no, also if they sent another and it didn't work, I couldn't return it. So I returned that one and..I went to a salvage yard and got a used one, works like a champ. Still waiting on refund from Amazon.

Glad to hear you finally got it fixed. Did you get the redesigned blower motor (without the 1/2" thick steel inerta plate and with the fiberglass heat shield)?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Glad to hear you finally got it fixed. Did you get the redesigned blower motor (without the 1/2" thick steel inerta plate and with the fiberglass heat shield)?

Thanks,allI could find was the old style with the weight on back

I had one I installed in a customers car. It really sucks, you think your getting a new part and its worse than the one you replaced.

I had the similair issues with my 96 deville. I ended up getting one from the salvage yard, original type. I installed the shield the best I could though and it has worked great since

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Oh great...I just got mine tonight and it didn't fix my problem! Hope it's not the new motor. I'm going to the wrecking yard tomorrow to find an APC.

If there's another caddy around that will test with you, a simple 3 wire jumper 10 to 12 ft long is the easiest way to test the blower motor and acm. good luck.

Send that POS TYC blower back to Amazon, get a refund and buy an OEM blower assembly and you won't have a problem.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Send that POS TYC blower back to Amazon, get a refund and buy an OEM blower assembly and you won't have a problem.

Yeah, great idea. Can you spot me $225?

Sorry - I'm not a bank...

The POS from Amazon doesn't work so it's not doing you any good - send it back and get your money back and put that toward an OEM blower motor. Have you tried gmotors.com?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived