CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Mob actor trades in prop pistols for gold bars

web1_JoeyCiccione2-web.jpg

The Caddy came into Ciccone’s possession 10 years ago. It was previously owned by a family member, identified only as Uncle John. Ciccone’s father had something to do with the car because it sports a metallic moniker “Pistol,” his dad’s nickname, on the panel behind its front tire, complete with a silhouette of an automatic pistol. Another identifier, a sticker in the front window, simply states “Omerta,” meaning “code of silence.”

Mileage runs about 7 or 8 mpg in the city and 10 on the highway. It takes supreme-grade gasoline. Under the hood are eight cylinders, a 4.1-liter engine and a horn like a locomotive blast. He maintains it himself.

web1_JoeyCiccione3-web.jpg

Read More: http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/mob-actor-trades-prop-pistols-gold-bars

That seems very low mileage for an HT4100. I would expect them to get 20+ mpg on the highway? Epa.gov only goes back to 1984, but the 84 Eldo is rated at 15 city / 20 highway in today's test format.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

web1_JoeyCiccione2-web.jpg

The Caddy came into Ciccone’s possession 10 years ago. It was previously owned by a family member, identified only as Uncle John. Ciccone’s father had something to do with the car because it sports a metallic moniker “Pistol,” his dad’s nickname, on the panel behind its front tire, complete with a silhouette of an automatic pistol. Another identifier, a sticker in the front window, simply states “Omerta,” meaning “code of silence.”

Mileage runs about 7 or 8 mpg in the city and 10 on the highway. It takes supreme-grade gasoline. Under the hood are eight cylinders, a 4.1-liter engine and a horn like a locomotive blast. He maintains it himself.

web1_JoeyCiccione3-web.jpg

Read More: http://www.reviewjournal.com/entertainment/mob-actor-trades-prop-pistols-gold-bars

That seems very low mileage for an HT4100. I would expect them to get 20+ mpg on the highway? Epa.gov only goes back to 1984, but the 84 Eldo is rated at 15 city / 20 highway in today's test format.

It is very low - half what it should be getting. No HT-4100 required premium fuel either... The 472/500s got better mileage than that in much heavier cars... Something is very wrong with that engine if it only gets 10 MPG on he highway... Either that or he has it floored constantly.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I had an '84 Fleetwood Brougham 4.1, WITHOUT the fuel injection.

That car always got over 20 in the highway...On REGULAR... :)

The HT-4100 with throttle body fuel injection was the standard engine in 1984. The only optional engine was the diesel. The limousines still had the V-8-6-4 engine.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I had a 1983 Fleetwood Brougham 'de Elegance and it averaged over 20 miles per gallon on the highway, usually around 23-25. It had the HT 4100 fuel injected engine. I drove it 12 years and gas milage stayed the same. It was a big car and I wish I still had it.

You guys are prob. forgetting about the armor plate. :)

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

And probably a carbureted 368 with a stuck heat riser.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Not an '82. 1980 Was the last year for the carbureted 368 engine. 1981 got the V-8-6-4 version of the 368 engine - the last Cadillac big block.

'82 was the first year for the HT-4100 engine - The subject car has the HT-4100 badging on the front fenders. That engine badge was only used for the 1982 and 1983 model years. The '84 Cadillacs did not have them and neither did the 1985 Eldorados, Sevilles, or Fleetwood Broughams even though they had the HT-4100 engines.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Not an '82. 1980 Was the last year for the carbureted 368 engine. 1981 got the V-8-6-4 version of the 368 engine - the last Cadillac big block.

'82 was the first year for the HT-4100 engine - The subject car has the HT-4100 badging on the front fenders. That engine badge was only used for the 1982 and 1983 model years. The '84 Cadillacs did not have them and neither did the 1985 Eldorados, Sevilles, or Fleetwood Broughams even though they had the HT-4100 engines.

Yeah, I know. And, a HT4100 emblem is visible in the pictures. But, with 10 mpg on premium gas reported, maybe they are talking about another car when they speak of gas mileage, one that is not shown in the pictures, perhaps a 1982 limousine based on the commercial chassis, which was the last 368. With a carbureted 368 and a stuck heat riser. </reaching>

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Yeah, I know. And, a HT4100 emblem is visible in the pictures. But, with 10 mpg on premium gas reported, maybe they are talking about another car when they speak of gas mileage, one that is not shown in the pictures, perhaps a 1982 limousine based on the commercial chassis, which was the last 368. With a carbureted 368 and a stuck heat riser. </reaching>

The limos had the V-8-6-4 through 1984. I think the 10 mpg is just a BS story to cater to the ignorant idiots who still believe Cadillacs only get 10 MPG...

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I once offended a fellow by asking him to please spare me endless discourses on his politics when we were with others discussing matters unrelated to politics. The next week we were about to convene when he loudly asked "Who owns that gas hog out front?" Everybody drove a foreign small import except my 1999 ETC; I announced its EPA and low emissions performance, to which he rebutted by disbelief; he refused to respond when I asked him the make and model of the car he drove so that I could check it out on the EPA web site and compare it. A couple of months ago, I showed him my "new' CTS-V.

Another time I told a young college professor that I drove a Cadillac, and he paused, and asked if it had big fins.

I suppose that we all have stories. But to prattle about BS like a 1982 Eldorado getting 7 mpg in town and 10 mpg on the highway in a newspaper is really hyperbolic. This was a human interest story, not fiction, opinion, or humor.

The limos had the V-8-6-4 through 1984. I think the 10 mpg is just a BS story to cater to the ignorant idiots who still believe Cadillacs only get 10 MPG...

Yeah. If I had a dime for every comment like that I would have a STS-V in my garage now!

I miss my 1988 Eldorado with the 4.5 liter V8. Despite the fact that I always drove it about 20 mph over the speed limits I still managed to get 20+ mpg!

Don't get me wrong. My STS is a wonderful car and it gets good mileage too but if I could afford it I would have a late 1980s Eldorado, a -93 STS, a STS-V and a CTS-V too :yupi3ti:

I had an '84 Eldorado for many years. I always got 8-10mpg. I have a lead foot. The car has so little power, you have to floor it every time to get the feeling you're really going anywhere.

But then, I have a 2002 ETC, and I get about 12 mpg. It recently got driven 1,800 miles by someone else, and the brain came back with 20.8 mpg average.

Archived