CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Most Beautiful American Cars of All Time?

and not a Cadillac in the list? What?

Read more: http://editorial.autos.msn.com/15-most-beautiful-american-cars-of-all-time

3deaa7ee4d874019a6acd00c19f4bdbe.jpg

1935 Auburn 851 Speedster

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

I owned one of the cars on the list although it was a hardtop, 1966 GTO 4sp. Sold it around 1973 for $900. Bought it in 1970 for $100 with a blown engine and fixed it. Buddy owned the car and he was driving it real hard one day and its started blowing oil bad and would not start again.

It's a lot easier to tear a car up than to fix it.

The 389 was a good engine but it was not an endurance engine. Pontiac did win one NASCAR race with one right after they introduced it, as I recall hearing about, but NASCAR engines of the 1960's sometimes were hand-made, from the casting up. I think that the 389 in high tune trim could generate more heat than it could carry off, like most street automobile engines. A good rule of thumb is, if it isn't available in a marine version, it can't be run full throttle indefinitely without overheating.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

This 1932 Studebaker Dictator Coupe, is one beautiful car:

1932_Studebaker_Dictator_zps4bc38c59.jpg

Studebaker built approximately 5,900 Dictators of all chassis types in 1932, a year that marked some subtle changes to the model and a year that would see company sales drop to just 37 percent of the previous high-water mark set in 1929.

But it wasn't just Studebaker suffering a bad spell; the entire market reached its nadir in 1932. The Great Depression may have hammered car sales and caused other fiscal tragedies, but it did little to slow down the designers and engineers creating America's cars.

The Dictator was transformed into Studebaker's base six-cylinder model for 1933, but its name was used again for the 1934 model year. Read More from hemmings.com

One car that definitely belongs on the list is the 1957 Cadillac Eldorado.

Any Cadillac four-door hardtop, I believe made only in the 1959-1964 model years, would fit in quite well. The other GM marques had nice looking four-door hardtops in that year range, too.

The 1946-1949 Cadillac fastback coupe is a rare visual treat.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived