CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Recall Notice for 95-97 cadillacs

ROCKnROLL

I was wondering if anyone else has received this recall where they replace the nylon tubing used in the fuel rail construction with a new stainless steel fuel rail?

Has anyone had this done?

I made a post a few days ago about smoke shooting out the tail pipes from time to time and was wondering if there could be a connection between the two?

Thanks

I doubt there is a connection. most of us have had it done already. Beware though, it seems that many many people (myself included) have experience a misfire right afterwards. Almost always it's the wires. The right bank must be removed to replace the fuel rail and there seems to e some correlation between moving old wires around and having a misfire shortly after. Maybe we can sue GM :D (see earlier post by Waltonlaw)

I had the same rail replaced and a few weeks later I had the same symptom, mine was a injector fireing all of the time. I made a few post in the past to this problem.

Mine would fog up blue smoke all around the car.

Any codes?

Goodluck

Does the smoke smell like burned oil or unburned gas; both have their own smell. A q @ 500 sounds like it's oil, and it it isl, that person who answered your other post, something about oil building up then dropping into the combustion chamber somehow sounds like a logical answer.

The dealer network has been real good with this one. The 95-97 STS/SLS have been included in the recall, officially, as of September 1st. Dealers want to be thrifty but this is a potential safety issue. We've replaced many a fuel rail before the recall officially hit the mainstream. To my knowledge, GM has been very forthcoming with the charge backs. I'm sure that many of you have seen the inclusion of the 95-97 Sevilles to this recall for months now, and GM has been good this time!

Do the '93 Northstars have this problem?...I know, there aren't many '93 Northstars out there as it was only in the STS, ETC, and Allante that year...but I thought I'd ask..

and I just sold my '93 Allante with 81,000 miles...still driving my '93 STS with 206,000 miles!

No. the '93/'94 fuel rail is inside the manifold as I understand it so a leak is not a fire hazard. It will just injest it and run a little rich until/if you notice it.

Hello,

my letter from GM for these recall (04014) came last week

and I don´t know what I do !

Can anyone give me a tip ?

I´ve a ´95 Eldorado TC.

With best wishes from germany

Frank

Take it to a dealer or GM authorized repair shop and get it replaced. If there are none there, then I would call or email GM and ask them what they want you to do to get it repaired. If you do a search for "fuel rail" you should find some phone numbers if needed.

Archived