CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Restoring Cadillacs that never Existed...

ac73fd1aeee95a2cfb8bc62db97cd105.jpg

One good turn deserves another. In the early 1980s, renowned Chicago-area restorer Fran Roxas built a car that never was. Starting with a rendering in a Cadillac catalog for Fleetwood custom bodies, which showed some innovative styles that could be created for discerning customers, he built a faithful rendition of Style 5859, a sleek dual cowl phaeton. This was no quick job. He turned to Strother MacMinn, an industry veteran stylist and long-time instructor at the prestigious Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California. MacMinn in turn enlisted David Holls, Head of Advanced Design at General Motors, who produced a set of full-scale chassis blueprints for the Sixteen. Working from the blueprints, MacMinn scaled the catalog rendering up to full size. Constructed on a 1937 Sixteen chassis, it now resides in the Milhous Collection and is also offered in this auction.

By the early 1990s Roxas was restless again. The same catalog had a rendering of a stunning Cadillac Sixteen roadster, identified as Style 5802. As with the phaeton, this style had been illustrated but never built. Roxas again worked with MacMinn and Holls to bring the roadster to life.

Read More: http://www.rmauctions.com/lots/lot.cfm?lot_id=973876

Bruce

2016 Cadillac ATS-V gray/black

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Ton of work. I see they used donor limo to start with. I assume limo body from windshield forward was mostly unchanged? Don't know '34 era caddy styling.