CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Have a 2000 deville that the right rear window will not work. The window motor is good and the module is good, however, there is low voltage ( 7.5 vs 11.7 to other side) going to the window motor using either the master switch or the right rear door switch. What is the problem? Thanks for the advice.

Was the voltage measured with the motor disconnected from the harness?

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'd need to study the wiring diagram to be sure but all windows receive the power from the master switch at the driver's side.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

I'm looking at the 2002 Deville FSM which should be OK for your 2000 Deville door wiring. The rear motor has both wires, DK BLU and BRN, going to the right rear door module (RRDM). With the window switch UP, one wire should be at ground and the other at battery voltage. With the switch at DOWN, the one that was at ground should be at battery voltage and the one that was at battery voltage should be at ground. Power comes in on the ORN wire. Power is from the 30 Amp PWR WDO circuit breaker that also powers the other three door modules.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived