CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

anyone in the southern Illinois area near 62812 with a 96-99 deville?

Looking for someone in the area that is willing to let me jump my heater blower motor from their car to isolate problem. Ive replaced the blower motor 2 times (with new tyc 700108), also 2 acm's. It doesn't sound reasonable, but I really think I 've got another bad motor. Appreciate the help.

The blower motor connector will have three wires: power, ground, and controller (GRY). The GRY wire has a PWM signal on it and will read something like two to 9 Volts on a DVM. If it does, the ground is grounded and the power line has battery voltage, then everything is OK up to the point where you see these numbers.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

The blower motor connector will have three wires: power, ground, and controller (GRY). The GRY wire has a PWM signal on it and will read something like two to 9 Volts on a DVM. If it does, the ground is grounded and the power line has battery voltage, then everything is OK up to the point where you see these numbers.

Thanks, the numbers are all correct, do you think I could get 2 bad new motors in a row?

Anything is possible. Have you checked the voltages at the heater motoer?

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Well, if the ground read 0 Volts or less than 0.5 Volts, it sure looks like everything was OK at that point. If you are sure that the connections are good into the motor, the motor is bad.

Well, if the ground read 0 Volts or less than 0.5 Volts, it sure looks like everything was OK at that point. If you are sure that the connections are good into the motor, the motor is bad.

That's what I was suspecting, just wanted to insure. Not a whole lot of fun replacing that motor over and over, although I'm getting it down to a science, lol

What about test driving a car from a used car lot? You could then plug in the motor you want to test.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

All you need to know about the used car is, does the A/C motor blow? If so, and you plug into your motor and it does not, and you plug it back into the car's A/C motor and it blows, then there you are.

Another bad motor...I had a fellow come by with his caddy, I had a 3 wire jumper made up. We jumped my motor from his car.. nothing, turned the jumper around and jumped his motor wirh my car and it ran. thanks for the help

Another bad motor...I had a fellow come by with his caddy, I had a 3 wire jumper made up. We jumped my motor from his car.. nothing, turned the jumper around and jumped his motor wirh my car and it ran. thanks for the help

If these are aftermarket blower assemblies that you have been using, I would return the latest one, get your money back and buy the OEM motor.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived