CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

raining and wont start

rickohara

My offhand guess would be that moisture is getting into the optispark unit.

You can check for codes on the Fleetwood by pressing and holding the OFF and WARMER arrow on the clomate control panel. The fan button will scroll the pointer and the OUTSIDE TEMP button will display the codes (it toggles between the code and the pointer). The codes are stored in pointers 00-04 only. A current code will be two digits and a history code will have a "1" in front of the corresponding code. For example, a history code 32 would display as 132.

I doubt any codes will be related to the problem you're experiencing but it doesn't hurt to check them anyway.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You can get my personal list from a link in my signature block. It's an Excel file, old format (*.xls, not *.xlsx so that just about anything can read it) and it has a lot of information on OBD II that you aren't interested in; just delete all the tabs except "OBD I Abb" and "OBD I"

My list has letter prefixes and may be for the 1995 model year; KHE is *very* knowledgeable and I never had an OBD I Cadillac and I expect that what he says is true, exactly.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Thanks. Where can I find what the individual codes mean?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/rwd-19xx-1984-deville-fleetwood-1985/114483-obdi-code-reference-thread.html

Post no. 3 has the code definitions.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Those are the first 25 of the PCM (or ECM) codes for GM products of the time. My Excel file has about 100 PCM codes. But my code 055 differs from what the other forum post says, possibly because they were taken from a generic GM list or other list other than a Cadillac-specific source. Here is where I got most of my OBD I codes:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/171010509/Dtc-Cadillac

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

Murphy's Law says that because we are all looking at this problem, it is going to hide from us.

Archived