CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Self - Diagnostic ?

FSchuett

Hello,

I´ve sell my old ´92 Cadillac Eldorado last year

and know I want to buy an ´95 Eldorado TC.

How can I check the diagnostic system (what key-combination)

and how can I decode these codes ?

Thank you very much.

With best wishes from germany

Frank

To get your codes, turn the key on then press both the OFF and WARMER buttons on your Climate Control panel. Hold them both down for a few seconds until all the little dots on the Driver Information Center light up then let go. The codes will read out on the DIC.

It's best to have a pencil and paper so you can write them down. Current codes are problems your car is having at the moment. History codes are problems your car has had in the last 60 ignition on/off cycles.

When the DIC says PCM? it has finished reporting codes and you can turn the key off. If you weren't able to write down the codes, just do it over, they will read out again and again until you clear the codes.

As to what the codes mean, if there are just a few codes you can post them here and ask for help interpreting them. If there are several codes, it is best to look them up in the archives as explained in an earlier reply.

Don't be alarmed if you have several codes. Often the codes are redundant or they are just telling you the battery has been disconnected or the engine has stalled.

I hope this helps.

photo-36.jpg

Happiness is owning a Cadillac with no codes.

Archived