CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

April 2014: battery, remote, alignment

Dropped my STS-V off at Crest this morning and headed off in an Escalade loaner.

My remote was eating batteries, and finally came apart at the seams on the next remote battery change. The car was starting to start more slowly, a sign as in Aug 2011 that the car battery is reaching end of life. Also while at Carroll Custom Cadillac we were looking at and discussing the LC3 engine and noted some battery leakage on the negative cable - which now needs replacement. Finally, my tires wore the inside tread on front again for that last set, as the previous set, so alignment.

Crest thinks they will have me back on the road Thursday - hopefully early in the day as I need to over to look at an ATS in the afternoon.

The Escalade said 24+ mpg for the 10 mile run up the highway for a meeting, but that was point to point steady cruise.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Got the STS-V back late Friday. They had to replace the remote, but also the module that the remotes get programmed into. I also remembered to have them replace the license plate light bulbs, which were out. Alignment notes said was clearly out of alignment, so ok. All in all a lot of stuff for that visit but all done now, except I need to reset all my presets. Good to be back in the V instead of the Prius!

I did get 40+ mpg in the Prius on the trip to get the ATS, and I managed to link my cell via bluetooth.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Got the STS-V back late Friday. They had to replace the remote, but also the module that the remotes get programmed into. I also remembered to have them replace the license plate light bulbs, which were out. Alignment notes said was clearly out of alignment, so ok. All in all a lot of stuff for that visit but all done now, except I need to reset all my presets. Good to be back in the V instead of the Prius!

I did get 40+ mpg in the Prius on the trip to get the ATS, and I managed to link my cell via bluetooth.

But it's worth getting half the mileage and having a lot more fun when driving your STS V... :)

Posted Image

Archived