CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Carroll Custom Cadillac – Restoration and Performance in a Rural Setting

DSCF0047-1024x768.jpg

Today I had a lovely visit with Tim Carroll at Carroll Custom Cadillac in Pilot Point, Texas. Tim is a master craftsman busy restoring and improving Cadillac automobiles both old and new in a beautiful country-side environment.

And what are Carroll Custom Cadillac up to in Pilot Point, Texas? Cadillacs.

Read more: http://caddyinfo.com/wordpress/carroll-custom-cadillac-pilot-point-texas/

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Hello,

I first want to say thanks to Bruce for the awesome write up about our Custom Country Cadillac Co. much appreciated for sure!

I did enjoy the visit and sharing some of the fun things we do here, it was a peaceful Saturday so not a lot of noise going on during the visit, LOL Sometimes it gets loud around here.

Anyhow, as retired engineers, this company is our fun and a place where we get to play with our toy's whether they are from the forties or from present day!

Our goal here is to make as many friends in Cadillac enthusiast as we can and share our knowledge and expertise in this field od Cadillac restoration and high performance builds.

As stated in Bruce's writing, we are a private custom business and by appointment only, this does not mean your not welcome, but it does mean to call ahead and assure we have a time set aside just for you, because everything we do here is personal based so everyone feels equally important.

I say it like this; if you come here to visit us, you will feel as if you are the only friend we have, no matter how many people we know!

I look forward to meeting anyone who needs our help.

Sincerely, Tim Carroll

CEO/Senior Engineer

Thanks Tim.

Now if we can get Texas Jim to schedule his DTS Performance Sedan for the intake & y pipe upgrades, we'll see if we can get it 0-60 in under 6 seconds...

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

hey tim its dan ,i was just about to email to tell you about this great thread about your shop that bruce posted but i saw you already commented on it.im here to tell yall tim carroll is a really good guy and is here to help us cadillac owners.my 2003 seville just recently had the head bolts pull and i was searching for weeks what i was going to use to fix it timeserts,studs,norms etc.. after visting tims website and watching all his videos i really liked his studs .im sure no one ask questions like me and he has answered everyone either by email or phone .i just want to thank tim for all the help in the process of my head gasket job.he has really been waliking me through out the top process .

sts03

I looked for headers for ten years. With the stock crossover, getting much over 300 hp at the flywheel was out of reach.

I have my doubts about 500 hp, even at the crank, without a turbo or supercharger, with intercooler, though.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Pushing 500HP is what we would like to see? But 480 tops! There is a secret about this car that caused a serious dyno test!
One we have not disclosed to the general public all thanks to Geoff with Thomas Knight Superchargers.
We are however the only company to date that have created the headers for these front wheel drives, we also make them for rear wheel Northstars. The crossover although it has been rewrapped to insulate was in fact modified then sand honed for a smooth air glide, we also ceramic coated the inside as well as the outside, no this is not dull black paint and was done by a ceramic coating company in Portland Or.

We like to achieve lower and midrange with our deigns, this is in house secrets we do occasionally share with friends who come here for explanations. Our clients of course who buy these are fully aware of our engineering details.

The 650 HP STS via youtube is in fact false and does not exist but of course it is fun to watch and pretend, any single electronic turbo charger will only restrict what a Northstar can naturally take in!

We are preparing to erect our new Fabrication company shops here in Texas, so very soon you can come out and visit!
Mike our Fabricating engineer is moving to Texas hopefully this mid summer if all goes as planned!

Remember guys, this is what we do for fun! We do not compete.
So enjoy!

Thanks for your inquiry, Tim

The header and crossover really intrigues me. If you ceramic-coat the headers inside and out, they are good to go forever, and the black surface will help shed heat. The front header may need a heat shield for the crank sensors and such, and the wiring, plumbing and fans in front of it may need some relief in situations involving stopping after a session of letting it run like a deer for awhile.

I like the crossover as shown, with metallic finish, but black might or might not be better for shedding heat. But, you say it is insulated to save the heat for after the Y, which is OK but the crossover can get very hot, too hot for aluminum alloy. So what you have in the photo is stainless steel, or at least the outer layer is stainless steel.

This is really beautiful. I can see Bruce's wheels turning now.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived