CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

The leather in our 08 DTS has seen better days. It's dingy and has all of the age wrinkles in it. Does anyone have any suggestions for reinvigorating these seats? Any outlets for replacement leather? Replacement padding?

Caddy_Grill.jpg2008 DTS

If still available...seat leather is extremely expensive. I replaced a lower seat leather on a Bonneville years ago...about $400 just for just the lower seat pad cover alone.

Interior color parts are the first to disappear from available parts at your GM dealer. The colors often change every couple of years.

There are aftermarket services that actually 'paint' the leather. Popular with used cars dealers..

I would get some leather cleaner/reconditioner from an upholstery shop. I did a search on "leather reconditioning" on Amazon and got pages of products. Among them are Tandy Leather Pure Neatsfoot Oil 21997-00 (also comes in quarts)

http://smile.amazon.com/Tandy-Leather-Pure-Neatsfoot-21997-00/dp/B003BCUHSO

and Detail King Leather Magic - Cleaner & Conditioner - 32 oz.

http://smile.amazon.com/Detail-King-Leather-Magic-Conditioner/dp/B00FW42ZF2

When I bought my 1997 ETC the dealer had a kiosk "Cadillac Boutique" where they sold leather cleaning and conditioning products and lots of other merchandise like Cadillac logo and theme coffee cups, windbreakers, caps, golf accessories, cigar cases and lighters, glassware, etc. It's been a lot of years since I saw a full boutique in a Cadillac dealer but most still have a display case or two with some of these items on display. Look near the Parts Department or the Customer Lounge.

As for leather care products, I would walk up to a Parts Department counter at a Cadillac dealer and ask for leather cleaning and conditioning materials, including the bottles of the cleaning/conditioning fluids and chamois or microfiber cloths for using them.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

My post is on this forum. Melt a bar of dove soap overnight in a bowl of water, and use that and a white wash cloth to clean. After the seats are dry, Use unscented pledge to make the leather soft and supple again.

Whoa, Bruce has a link to what the Cadillac Boutique has become, Cadillac Collections:

https://cadillaccollection.com

You need to poke around a little bit to find everything but the variety is vast. But, no leather care products. If winterset has used his formula with success over time, as I suspect he has, his solution is well worth a try.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Saddle soap is what I've used on leather seats in the past to clean them followed by leather conditioner from Mequiars.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

• 4 weeks later...

What do we do for the carpet, my carpet is tan and looks like it's black.... Thanks a lot for all these tips really loving this site.... Especially with all the problems Cadillac gives us... But wouldn't trade my deville for nothing... Lol

You might try to clean it with a steam cleaner but if it is that dirty, replacement followed by use of decent floor mats might be the answer.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

You can spray the likes of formula 409 on the carpet followed by a little rinse and rubbing with a rag. Rinse the rag with clean water and repeat. Or after a good soaking in straight 409, you can them steam clean. My point is that you may need a degreaser on your car carpet. Do not use a brush, as it will shread the carpet. You can use a flat object to work the 409 Thru the fibers a little ( like a little block of wood). If you need to be a little aggressive, and use alot of water, suck it up with your shop vac, and blow dry it with compressed air from an electric air compressor. If your carpet is as dirty as you mention, this is going to be an increadibly messy job. Get as much dirt in. Your shop vac, and dump it away. The towel should be used to dry and getting the last of the dirt up.

Archived