CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Dear Forum,

I have a 1995 Cadillac Concours just turned 120,000. What type of shocks/struts do you recommend for both front and rear? Engine is 4.6ltr. Does this yr/model have a rear leveling sensors, height sensors etc? Does AC/Delco still make parts for this yr/make/model and if not, what do you recommend I purchase?

thanks,

Wythe

You might be able to find the AC Delco OEM struts and shocks but be prepared for sticker shock - my guess is for all 4, they will run about $2500.00

Monroe makes passive rear shocks that utilize the factory level control system - I installed a set on my STS. I needed to fabricate a cheater plug to fool the computer to eliminate the SERVICE RIDE CONTROL message on the dash. Not sure on the front struts but my guess is Monroe or Gabriel offer a replacement.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Monroe sells both active and passive shocks and struts for the 1990's Deville. Arnott sells a line of passive shocks and struts for all reasonably recent models of Cadillacs. The AC/Delco active shocks and struts have been discontinued for a little more than a year now; for the last few months they were discounted to the level of the Monroes and I got a set for my ETC just as they winked out. You might be able to find some somewhere but the Monroe active shocks and struts are identical and are probably the OEM for the AC/Delco shocks and struts.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived