CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1997 Deville IPC replacement issue

The '92-95 ones were plug and play. Don't know on the '97.

I swapped one on a 2001 Deville..it was plug and play. So I don't know what problem your having.

You may have to find a Delco radio / speedometer repair shop. Most larger cities have one. It's where the dealers send the clusters to be repaired.

They have a cluster / IPC repair work station for fixing them. They can change the mileage etc. Stuff the dealers cannot do.

I answered this one on another thread. In the OBD II cars, the IPM is the main computer for the car and has *everything* programmed into it. The dealer must get the data out of the old one with a Tech II on the workbench and use that data to program the new one. Data includes the VIN and all of the car's options that make any difference in the modules on the car's network, which is to say anything electric.

This is a rare job for most dealers and tech experience isn't often found waiting for your car. The tech is probably working with GM to do yours as his first one. Ask the service manager to make sure. If so, patience is a virtue, and if the bill seems high insist on the GM flat rate for labor.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived