CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

"SERVICE TRANSMISSION"w/CODES

qwert

"SERVICE TRANSMISSION" message came up as I arrived home yesterday, w/CODES: PC1811 & RF2560. This was after some heavy driving but considering transmission had complete rebuild 3-4 months ago, it should have handled it. I found RF2560 in old posts, but not sure exactly what "RKE message validation error" means. Please help w/ other code and opinions of problem.

Car is 96 Deville

Thank You.

PC1811 is Maximum adapt and long shift. That being said, I don't understand it, except the long shift part. As for the RKE code, I think it means that one of the keyless entry transmitters has a problem or is missing. My shop manuals are in the car but when I get a chance I will look these up for a better explanation for you. Unless someone else beats me to it :)

Charles

Charles

Watch out when clearing the codes, the shop manual says something to the effect of "codes are thrown when various test conditions are met, simply clearing the codes and waiting to see if they get thrown agian isnt a accurate diagnosis" I had some serious tranny problems and codes P086 and P076 got thrown. I cleared them and drove the car for a bit and no codes....but the problem remained. I would get a shop manual (a must have for any cadillac owner) and you can run tests through the pcm to determine the exact cause of the code....really neat stuff.

A.J.

The reason that I understand from the experts on the board is the newer system monitors more things and is more complex, and the Feds didn't want anyone messing with the system. This is also the reason, as I understand it, that the mod chips can't be used on the '96 and newer cars.

Charles

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the code for maximum adapt and long shift returned. So, I took her in to the place that rebuilt the tranny, at which time they reviewed the codes and concluded that it is probably just some computer glitch which would be expensive to fix and better to be ignored and of course not under their transmission warranty. So I get in the car and drive away when I notice that I am in 3rd gear. So I stop the car, put it to neutral then pull the shifter over to the right but it doesn't stop at drive it slides right over to 3rd. I don't know what long shift means but I was pretty sure that I should have to pull in on the shifter to move down to third so I took it back and asked them what they thought. To shorten up this story, there is a (shift sensor?)mounted on top of the transmission which

if removed must be replaced exactly,exactly,exactly in the same location or you to may get a code PC1811. In many cars this item is keyed but according to these guys not on

a 96 Sedan Deville.

Archived