CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Trans Axle Fluid Leak Resolved

Thanks to all who helped. The problem turned out to be the vacuum modulator. Cost me $18. plus 4.99 for the 13mm long, well plus the 7 plus quarts of Dexron I had to put in before I replaced the modulator. I would have done it sooner but I had to pick up a 13mm long for the bracket bolt. So I put it off hoping the problem to be somewhere else. Anyhow the car shift so smoothly I can't even feel the slightest tug. I only hear the rpm's drop as it gets into second. Sounds like a cadillac now.

I should have thought about that being yours is a 94. glad you figured it out. it should no doubt help your smooth shifting. was there any fluid in the vacumn line or just externally from the modulator. I liked the setup like yours, More reliable I think

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

I should have thought about that being yours is a 94. glad you figured it out. it should no doubt help your smooth shifting. was there any fluid in the vacumn line or just externally from the modulator. I liked the setup like yours, More reliable I think

There wasn't any fluid in the line, however there was some at the other end of the modulator when I took it apart for a look see. Plus, the end in the transmission was stiff and did not move. The new one has some play in the same end. When I installed the new one I thought it was wrong because the last 1/4" or so was spring loaded. It wasn't on the part I took out. Turns out the bracket took up the slack nicely.

My next job is the cold air that only blows from warm from the defroster when the coolant is topped off. I'm guessing this one is two-fold. Coolant leak somewhere and vacuum leak or bad p-brake actuator.

Archived