CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Left Front Dash Speaker Replacement '99 STS

Good evening All,

Purchased a new Bose left front dash speaker from Rock Auto. I see the directions involve removing the dash vents. I should be able to get throught that alright, unless you know a secret. My concern is the airbag issue. Should I have to remove the connectors under the dash which affect the air bag connections? I do not want to set off the airbags. Do yo know if removeing the dash cover could trigger the airbags?

Thanks in advance,

Ohio Jim

KHE,

Thanks for replying... Does disconnecting the negative cable keep from allowing the air bags to fire? When I read the cautions regarding this, I read I am supposed remove the fuse(s), turn on the key until I get an error code, then disconnect the actual connectors. If all I need do is pull the fuse, or disconnect the negative cable, that makes my job easier. I know you have 'done it all', or at least much more than I ever will, so I always respect your input on these posts. Have you ever remove the dash cover on a Caddy?

Thanks,

Ohio Jim

KHE,

Thanks for replying... Does disconnecting the negative cable keep from allowing the air bags to fire? When I read the cautions regarding this, I read I am supposed remove the fuse(s), turn on the key until I get an error code, then disconnect the actual connectors. If all I need do is pull the fuse, or disconnect the negative cable, that makes my job easier. I know you have 'done it all', or at least much more than I ever will, so I always respect your input on these posts. Have you ever remove the dash cover on a Caddy?

Thanks,

Ohio Jim

I would think that any charge left in the system would dissipate after a couple of minutes but to be on the safe side, I'd follow the instructions you read.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived