CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Electrical Problems

amber

SLS 2004 -

Recently had trunk release latch motor replaced as trunk would not open from interior switch or key bob. Also I had 2 lights out on right trunk light bar tails/break lights.Mechanic said there was a broken wire they repaired. Two weeks later having strange problems...

A few days ago problems started when the car would not lock w/ key or door switch but it would unlock w/ door switch. The door exit warning bell was on when door was open but key and lights were not on. Later that day

locks started working but blower quit. Today after checking codes below, the blower started working. The door exit warning bell continues with no lights on and key not in ignition and trunk will not open from the interior switch but will w/ key bob. Both of these problems have been going on since these recent problems started a few days ago. Many codes current © and Hist (H). Codes should have been cleared a few weeks back when trunk latch motor was replaced. I believe these are all new but I am not sure, I did not check back then.

Codes Are:

AMP U1301 C, IPM B1310, B1317,B1318,B1328,B1330,B1331,B1332,B1333,B1341,B1443,B1652 (H), B2419,B2420,B1327 (H), B1327 )(H) , B1825 (H), msm B2375 (H), MSM U1160 (H), MSM U1305 (H).

Any ides on what module I might be having problems with or could there be a wire grounded to fram etc? Could part of the issues be with the security system and is the interior trunk latch disabled when in valet mode?
Thank you.

I just checked and valet switch is off. When I close the right front door, the trunk opened. I opened the right back door and when I closed it the trunk also opened. Any ideas? I will take it to mechanic but I like to have at least an idea before I take it in. Thank you.

AMP, IPM
B1310 Ambient Air Temperature Sensor Failure [CURRENT]

IPM
B1317 In Car Air Temperature Sensor
B1318 LH Sun Load Sensor Fault
B1328 RH Sun Load Sensor Fault
B1330 Left A/C Discharge Sensor Fault
B1331 Right A/C Discharge Sensor Fault
B1332 Left Heater Discharge Sensor Fault
B1333 Right Heater Discharge Sensor Fault
B1341 Air Mix Door Two Movement Fault
B1443 Door Handle Switch Circuit Open
B1652 Loss of Keep Alive Memory (KAM) [HISTORY]
B2419 Twilight Photocell Circuit Problem
B2420 Twilight Delay Pot Failure
B1327 Vehicle system voltage below 9.0 volts [HISTORY]
B1825 Driver Recline Sensor Circuit Malfunction [HISTORY]

MSM
B2375 Driver Seat Asm Horiz Sensor Circuit Malfunction [HISTORY]
U1160 Loss of Communications with DDM [HISTORY]
U1305 Class 2 Data Link Low or High [HISTORY]

The B1327 is a ringer that the battery is low and the voltage is dropping below 9 Volts when you start the car. This can cause all sorts of false codes. You have so many that I think that most of them are false. This can also cause the quirky malfunctions that you describe. They will come and go every time you start the car.

The only one that you can really take seriously other than the B1327 is the CURRENT code, and since it isn't pointing to a problem that demands immediate attention I would ignore that one too until you got the battery fully charged or a new battery.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 1 month later...

I got my car back over thge weekend and I believe that the mecahnic replaced a BCM module that was "wet" fom the leaky trunk that we have never solved (different story).

Anyway, the trunk no onger pops open when you shut a door and heater and headlights nbow work. However, now my service airbag message is on. Waiting for a call back from the mechanic.

If the BCM is replaced, is their reprogramming necessary? Thank you!

I got my car back over thge weekend and I believe that the mecahnic replaced a BCM module that was "wet" fom the leaky trunk that we have never solved (different story).

Anyway, the trunk no onger pops open when you shut a door and heater and headlights nbow work. However, now my service airbag message is on. Waiting for a call back from the mechanic.

If the BCM is replaced, is their reprogramming necessary? Thank you!

"trunk no longer pops open when you shut a door"

I would thing this is a good thing....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived