CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

big? problems on seville sls

You have one blower motor or the other.

The instructions are detailed because that's the way the GM factory shop manuals are done. They are used as textbooks in Goodwrench training, along with other materials that aren't available outside GM such as how to use the Tech II to reprogram new modules and other such locksmith and bonded employee stuff. The FSM is available to dealer techs as reference, usually as a DVD that they browse at the shop office and print out pages if they need them. That kind of detail makes the FSM good for the DIY person that is doing a particular job for the first and only time, though.

If you hear a fan running but you aren't getting air, it might not be the blower motor. It might be the A/C controller, which is a module that operates vacuum-powered servos to move around the air control and temperature control doors. A common problem is a vacuum line off the A/C controller.

I don't know if it's true on your model, but on earlier models the vacuum came through the firewall once on the passenger side, passed through the A/C controller, and then was used in a servo that releases the emergency brake when the transmission is shifted out of Park. If so, you can see if that works; if it does, the A/C controller has vacuum.

Problems in the A/C controller will throw OBD codes, such as B0130. Run your codes with the A/C buttons to make sure that you aren't missing the body codes.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Wow it was a steal, if you do it yourself it does save money for real; but if you are replacing the sensor be careful the reply given with the instruction video looks good. I think these are common issues with these cars regardless of the mileage from all the researching I have done over the years. I own a 96 Seville sls 126k and have been having the same issues over the last six years; little gremlins I call them. I am going to have transmission work done in two week; won't know if they will have to rebuild it or just replace the sensor/ seals & torque convertor. (Can get into the shop they are booked up) I'm a shade tree mechanic I guess, I can change the oil, a tire, set of plugs if the guys have not tighten things too tight for me to get off and not having any male family members close by and most shops think they can over charge you for repairs just because you are a woman makes it had to find honest fair service; but I have also had it work to my advantage too I guess lol. I would love to find another seville, maybe a sts, low milege of course. Wih me luck they don't have a rebuilt it will cost me more or maybe it will be woth the extra? Let me know what you think Estimate $1200 - $1500 fix it or up to $2500 rebuilt

Archived