CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1989 SdV - Tail Light Adjustment - DIY?

Hello All,

One thing I hadn't noticed is that the driver's side tail light is tilted inward, with the top being more inward than the bottom. It appears that someone once backed into something hitting only the metal lower part of the tail light enclosure. There is absolutely no breakage or marring on the plastic upper surround for the light. It looks like the metal lowar part is pushed in (not dented, but the outside edge that you see behind the rear quarter panel has slid slightly behind it).

Has anyone in the cohort ever tried adjusting/realigning these things themselves? I know I could take it to a body shop, but if it's just a matter of loosening some fasteners and pulling/pushing things back into place I'd rather try that myself first.

Any and all guidance is appreciated.

Brian

Brian

Forums_Pic.jpg

Bri the Tech Guy   http://britechguy.com
britechguy@gmail.com   (540) 324-5032
"If it's got you screaming, I'll help you stop!!"

• 2 weeks later...

I've found that things like that are usually fixable by loosening all the screws, aligning it by hand, and tightening up the screws carefully.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Jim,

Thanks. Today was warm enough here in VA to give the car a well-deserved and well-needed bath, but the day was not long enough to get to this job.

When I eventually get to it I'll report back on what I find.

Brian

Brian

Forums_Pic.jpg

Bri the Tech Guy   http://britechguy.com
britechguy@gmail.com   (540) 324-5032
"If it's got you screaming, I'll help you stop!!"

Archived