CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

New Cadillac Sedan Spotted During Testing

Texas Jim

cadillac-lts-660_zps060ee511.jpg

The new "Standard of the World" has been out for a spin.

A prototype of Cadillac’s upcoming flagship sedan was recently caught on camera for the first time while out on a test run in Michigan.

Although its existence is yet to be officially confirmed by the automaker, the full-size sedan is rumored to be based on a longer and wider version of the platform that underpins the new Cadillac CTS.

Codenamed Omega, the chassis was reportedly engineered to compete with the likes of the Mercedes-Benz S-Class and BMW 7-Series in the upper echelons of the luxury segment.

Although heavily camouflaged, a large grille and Caddy’s signature vertical headlight arrangement can be seen. It's extremely long hood and wheelbase clearly setting it apart from the brand's current offerings.

The production version of the car is expected to feature styling inspired by the Elmiraj concept unveiled last year, and a production coupe even more similar to the concept could follow.

Rear and all-wheel-drive models are expected, and the range of powertrain options could include a version of the latest 6.2-liter small-block V8 used in the 2015 Cadillac Escalade, or the proposed 4.5-liter twin turbo V8 featured in the Elmiraj.

As for what it will be called, back in 2012 GM filled a trademark for the name LTSexternal-link.png, which would fit into Cadillac’s current naming convention for cars, which also includes ATS and XTS.

Whatever it’s called, Caddy’s finest will likely debut in the 2016 model year.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/01/22/cadillac-secret-super-sedan-spotted/?intcmp=features

Posted Image

It looks like it is complete enough to tool up for production for the 2015 model year. It could come even sooner.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Interested to see what features above those available on CTS this new model offers to warrant the money.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

It best have some styling cues from the Ciel and Elmirage (underneath that tent); what's shown is just a big box with hopefully all the goodies it would need to compete in the 'full' luxury segment. Too soon to tell much of anything; probably a '16 model (released some time in '15; just my conjecture).

What I'm afraid of is, that with the latest 'pie in the sky' pricing (latest CTS, ELR and probably new Escalade), that Cadillac will overprice this one as well. Maybe they are going for exclusivity but they better have some volume models (so they can produce their special stuff); and my last paragraph is only my opinion (so embrace or dismiss at your own desecration). My frustration with Cadillac's recent price hikes is because I've only finally have been able to achieve Cadillac ownership, I like the experience, but Cadillac is leaving me behind with their new numbers.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

As C&C said, I will bet Cadillac will price it so high that it will not sell well and then they'll drop it after a couple of years. I still have not forgiven them for dropping the Fleetwood Brougham - and that car was priced about the same as the Deville....

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived