CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1998 Cadillac STS rear bushing NAME problem

magicked

Hi

I have been told i must replace the Bushing on the rear suspension of my 1998 STS - this i thought would be simple to do - buy the parts etc...

But the part does teem to exist - the garage can't even find out the name of the part after nearly 4 weeks of me waiting - i have looked and looked also on the web and only found this picture

rearsuspensionsts.jpg

It is Number 45

can anyone please tell me what it is called and where is the best place to order one from

Amazon seems to be a good place.

The garage have told me that there is only one in the middle of the car - yet this looks like there should be 2

any help would be appreciated

thanks

It's the Support Insulator Mount. It's a bit more than a bushing. It holds the rear suspension support cross-member to the unibody frame.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

From the GM service manual....Number 45 is a 'forward body mount'. There are 2. One at each front corner of the rear cradle.

There is also 2 'rear body mounts'. These 2 are much closer together in the center rear...up kinda high...

I got my information from the 2002 FSM. Logan probably got his from a FSM for a model year closer to 1998.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

WOW thanks it helped - they quoting me £40 for each bushing direct from the states and no idea of labour charges yet.

Is there anywhere i can order the part from - its a GM part - but i cant find the part number anywhere and they wont tell me :)

i looked on amazon.com but cant track it done because the name varies a lot - need a part number so much

and if i was to do it myself - don't know if anyone has any links to any fixya or youtube videos - i would definitely do it myself

thanks any help much appreciated.

I found them on GM Parts Direct. The left and right are different for the front, which is number 45 in the parts diagram. The rear are the same for left and right. GM Parts Direct lists the parts as "suspension crossmember insulator" front right ($34), front left ($34), and rear ($40), or about £21 and £24 at an exchange rate of $1.64 per £1. Unfortunately they don't give the part number. I don't know if they ship to the UK.

I get scads of hits on a web search on "GM suspension crossmember insulator front right" (include the GM or you will see pages of BMW and Toyota links). The best ones link to a parts catalog utility that seems to be the same one that GM Parts Direct uses, and offer the same price.

This appears to be the same part for 1998-2004 Sevilles. I got one hit on Amazon, part number 10397249 (note: ships in 1 to 3 months!!!), but that seems to be the rear insulator and you need the front left and front right.

See specific contact in PM.

That part number, 10397249, is not for the Seville.

These part numbers *may* be correct for the crossmember insulators for the 1998-2004 Seville:

Front right: 15237958

Front left: 15237959

Rear (2 required): 25663316, or 03538757 (not at all sure on this one)

I recommend that you ask whoever supplies this part to you to check for applicability by using your VIN.