CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Leaked LT4: 620 horsepower, 650 pound feet of torque

Chevrolet accidentally leaked the expected power for the upcoming Corvette Z06 with expected supercharged LT4 engine: 620 horsepower, 650 pound feet of torque. Hopefully that means the next CTS-V will have the same 620 hp or similar. Note the production LSA gave the 2nd gen CTS-V 556 hp and the hand-made ZR9 gave the Corvette ZR1 638 hp previously. So the new supercharged LT4 power output seems low -- except if it is the LSA upgrade. Which could suggest we will see a 620 hp CTS-V.

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

This leaked rating is confusing. Unless it is, as you suggest, the follow-on to the LSA for the CTS-V and Camaro ZL1 and NOT a Corvette engine, then the Corvette will likely have two supercharged offerings with one of them just 620 hp and the other at least 100 hp more. They may be waiting on discovery of what the competition will do before they freeze or announce the 750+ hp version. But Chevrolet and Cadillac do not share drivetrains, so no scenario that I can think of seems really likely.

Maybe the leak is wrong.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Maybe. But I think the Corvette will only get the new Z06, not a Z06 and a ZR1. Corvette doesn't sell enough to justify both currently. They will do short-run or specials rather than a whole different model for more performance?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

Well the old ZO6 relied on displacement for its 505 hp, the ZR1 was supercharged. The 620 supercharged (new ZO6) will, I assuming do with a 6.2 (what's that around 380 or so) so what's to squibble; the new ZO6 will be right there (in power) to the old ZR1. Whether we see another ZR1 (C7) at this point is conjecture, but if the market needs a 700 plus hp Corvette (well, you never know). And what the new CTS-V gets; probably the LT4.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Archived