CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Fastchip for sale 4.6l N*

Some may already know that i purchased the fastChip from a fellow member. I tryed it out for a month and decided that I'd rather put the money towards wheels. Sold it to my Uncle for about the same price I purchased it for. Now he's replacing his Eldorado with a used GS400. Now he's selling the chip! :D

I told him I would use my ebay account to sell it if he split the money with me. so here it is up for auction....it has a reserve but i'll take the best offer...PM me if you would like to buy it.

BTW selling this chip will help fund my new exhaust tips and the 4 96' STS wheels and tires I will be getting VERY SOON...will post pics whent he car is done B)

thanks guys!

ebay: fastchip

I'm interested. My problem is I don't want to insult you with a price that is below what you are asking.

My view on used parts is that as soon as you buy a new thing it becomes worth exactly half of what you paid for it. If you open and use it it becomes even less valuable. And electronic parts are tough as once you uise it - well there is no warranty and it could go as soon as it is plugged in.

I don't know a lot about this chip and exactly what it does. But I am in process of upgrading my 94 STS and a hot rod part is alluring - my Cad runs great and shifts fine. Tranny only has 30,000 miles on it so it better! So am unsure how this chip makes things better - including my obsession - mileage better??

If you want to deal on the part after ebay ends, and I hope you do sell it as I know about funding future projects with parts from the last one, then let me know and we'll see if we can come to an amenable price.

Thanks

Steve

My home e-mail is *sjneff04@msn.com* if you'd like to impart any information about how this chip works and where it goes in the system -

these chips are programmed to adjust timing and also changes the shift points when you hammer it. They're website claims to boost your HP up 5% or more, but its a good idea to install a K&N air Filter and increase the size of their exhaust pipe as well for maximum effect. The extra power is found in the higher RPMs, regular driving should be no different.

$90.00 is a fantastic price! Ask any Cadillac enthusiast. Superchip sell thiers for $250. The Fastchip I am selling is just a reprogrammed OEM chip which to be honest feels MUCH more well put together compared to our stock Chips. Which BTW is held by hot glue which is seeping out on the edges... the Fastchip is a solid piece.

HEre is the website: http://fastchip.com/

I didn't write to fastchip but it appears that the 4.9 and the 4.6 are the same computer chip. It's what they offer for the 93-96 Cad years. $159 new.

Hopefully you'll get your money out of it on ebay - there is some guy out there waiting until the last minute -

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
;) May I ask why exactly your selling it? Would it not work in your car I'm just curious I would like to buy it but I just have a problem trusting people over the internet! Sorry

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

;) May I ask why exactly your selling it? Would it not work in your car I'm just curious I would like to buy it but I just have a problem trusting people over the internet! Sorry

no problem! Like I mentioned in an earlier post I dipped into my savings to buy the set of STS wheels that are currently on my car right now. As well as new Exhaust tips. Being 17 and tight on money i decided i would sell the fastchip (for a lot less than what i paid for it) and use the money i get to put back into my savings. Pretty simple.

I dont blame you for not 'trusting' people over the internet...if you'd like you can give me a call if that makes you feel more at ease.

BTW Make sure your OEM CHIP # matches that of the Fastchip

BMFX or CFHL

Sorry the it appears the number on my chip does not match that of what you said that fits. Thats sucks I really wanted that! :angry:

user posted image

Defending Northstar perf a qtr mile at a time!!!!

BTW Make sure your OEM CHIP # matches that of the Fastchip

BMFX or CFHL

How do I check the oem chip number ? Thanks :blink:

its located below the glove box. You will need to remove the black plastic and it will be on the right side, it will look like a chrome video game box of the 90s. You may have to remove the screws in order to read the serial number off the sticker that is on top of the unit

Archived