CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

CaddyInfo Cadillac Chat 2013-12-26

Bruce Nunnally

Small item: when I bought my '98 DeVille d'Elegance, the hazard knob was missing. I noticed a little Phillips' head screw that holds it in place...and I've tinkered with it and found

the hazard switch works fine. I found the hazard knob itself under a seat when I was cleaning the car. I'd gone to a Cadillac dealership looking for a replacement and found

it's a discontinued item. While there, the counter man asked if the spring was gone as well. I suppose so...I didn't know there was a spring involved. Any hint as to whether

it's a simply coil spring that rests under the hazard knob or something more complicated? The knob can be reinstalled with a small washer to hold where the knob was torn

off the Phillip's screw. But that spring...I suppose it holds the knob out or helps restore the switch to the off position? Thanks...

...by the way, I enjoy listening to you guys jawbone about the newer models and comparing this one to that...but you're talking 'way out of my league. I'm just as happy

as I can be with my older model...and plan to keep it looking good and driving for quite some time. Sadly, around here many decent-looking Cadillac models undergo

external transformations into peculiar-looking rides, thanks to our predominantly ethnic population. They stick fake Buick portholes on them, swap the stock wheels

for 24" models with spinners and such, and often repaint part of the car or add homemade "flames" and such and have the windows tinted. darn shame...but a fact.

I shudder every time I find myself alongside one at a light...afraid it might be catching. LOL I guess I'm just a conservative old geeze, but I'm keeping mine the way

it was designed to look.

I forgot.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Small item: when I bought my '98 DeVille d'Elegance, the hazard knob was missing. I noticed a little Phillips' head screw that holds it in place...and I've tinkered with it and found the hazard switch works fine. I found the hazard knob itself under a seat when I was cleaning the car. I'd gone to a Cadillac dealership looking for a replacement and found it's a discontinued item. While there, the counter man asked if the spring was gone as well. I suppose so...I didn't know there was a spring involved. Any hint as to whether it's a simply coil spring that rests under the hazard knob or something more complicated? The knob can be reinstalled with a small washer to hold where the knob was torn off the Phillip's screw. But that spring...I suppose it holds the knob out or helps restore the switch to the off position? Thanks...

...by the way, I enjoy listening to you guys jawbone about the newer models and comparing this one to that...but you're talking 'way out of my league. I'm just as happy

as I can be with my older model...and plan to keep it looking good and driving for quite some time. Sadly, around here many decent-looking Cadillac models undergo

external transformations into peculiar-looking rides, thanks to our predominantly ethnic population. They stick fake Buick portholes on them, swap the stock wheels for 24" models with spinners and such, and often repaint part of the car or add homemade "flames" and such and have the windows tinted. darn shame...but a fact.

I shudder every time I find myself alongside one at a light...afraid it might be catching. LOL I guess I'm just a conservative old geeze, but I'm keeping mine the way it was designed to look.

You are welcome to join us online anytime you want to...

it is easy to do...

Posted Image

All you really need to do is have a Google+ account, and, these days, if you have *anything* on Google, you can have Google+ with a mouse click. If you have a webcam and a microphone, great. Most laptops come with these built-in. If you don't, that's OK, you can participate through just an icon for video and/or text for voice.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived