CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Only drive on Sundays?

Bruce Nunnally

On Google+ a reader commented on a Cadillac post about the ATS, "

...BOSS RIDE. MOST PEOPLE, ONLY DRIVE A Cadi ON Sunday's, CAUSE JUST NOT AN EVERY DAY TYPE OF RIDE, BUT IT'S STILL COOL,

Do you think a lot of Cadillac owners do that?

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

...awww, heck no! My '98 DeVille d'Elegance is as nice a ride as you could ask for...and it's my daily driver.

Actually, I can't help but feel just a little superior to other drivers in their little tin boxes and imported junk.

My car has a pedigree longer than my dog's. I'm proud to turn the key and hit the road every time I get into

those big comfortable leather buckets.

...only on Sunday? Why deprive yourself of one of life's pleasures?

My Cadillacs are daily drivers. If I had a 1972 Eldorado Convertible with the 500 CID engine with Historic Vehicle license plates, then sure, I would drive it on weekends, parades, and such because it would be awkward in the parking garages in Philly.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I kind of drive it that way (on Sundays). Since retired, and not needing a daily drive (as such), and keeping the car covered (because of trees constantly dropping something), I usually take the 'Caddy' out once or twice a week, I have an Olds Bravada for everyday utility work. Now if I had reason or needed both cars on an everyday basis, yeah, that baby would hit the road without a thought, but with driving my STS on a more sporadic basis I surely appreciate the special ride it always provides.

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

lol. You guys nailed it.

I park my seville every winter and it teases me every time I look at it. I drive my Devile every day. I love to float by the ricers and boxes. but sunday only no way

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

With that "only on Sundays" line the author was betraying a lack of understanding of the reality of owning cars like Cadillacs. Or perhaps he was writing to a conceptual audience of people who had never known anyone who owned a Cadillac. The fact that no one stepped up here and owned up to such behavior tends to bear this out.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

I must have it backwards too. I park my DTS in the garage in the summer (and drive the 200mpg Volt) then drive it to FL in the winter. While I'm here, it's my daily driver.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived