CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My speedometer stopped working last night, I read the codes and vss code was one of them, I replaced the vss in the morning and drove the car for couple of blocks and the speedo started jumping after couple of blocks up to 30 back to 0 and then just stayed at 0, tranny started to shift all funny again just like it did the night before, why did the vss went bad again? Is there anything that can cause it to go bad? Did I do anything wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

:welcomesmiley:

Get the OBD codes. They will tell exactly what is happening with the VSS. Press <Off> and <Pass Warmer> together for a few seconds, until all the dash lights come on like you just turned on the key, then release both of them. The OBD trouble codes will then be displayed on the driver message center.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 93 Cadillac Seville STS . I have replaced both shift solenoids and now have the p024 code which is the vss. I repolaced the vss reset uhe codes and still get the p024 code. Can somone please help?

Archived