CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Replacement for '99 STS

I have a 1999 STS with 167,000 miles. I bought it from the original owner at 135,000, and with a bad head situation. I had the studs installed at that time and have enjoyed the car very much for the last two years. Unfortunately, while the engine is still going fine, the rest of the car is starting to really show its age and the wear of all those miles.

I really love the size, ride, and performance of this car. I do not want to go to the smaller CTS styles. What are the last year's versions of this larger car, either in 2 or 4 door?

Knowing that my engine is hopefully still in good shape, which years (other than 1999) would my current engine exchange for?

Thanks!

Tom

The SLS was last offered in 2004. Not sure on the FWD STS - maybe 2003.

The Deville (DTS from 2006-2011) is a larger car that may fit your needs.

The Engine got roller cam followers in 2000 as well as new design head bolts. The head bolts were changed again in 2004 so the '99 engine won't be compatable with much other than a '98 or '99 STS.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

The rear wheel drive STS was offered up till (I think) 2010 or 2011.

The new design DTS (front wheel drive) is from 2006 to 2011.

I have a 2006 DTS and love it.

I bought it new and now have 137,000 on it. It has held up really well.

Still looks good and runs as well as it did when new.

Posted Image

Thanks. After having the Northstar head job done, I have had no engine problems. I really love the car, and think maybe I just need to look for a lower mileage '99 to buy, with the knowledge that I have a good engine to transplant if necessary.

Do you think the Eldorado of the same era would support this same engine?

Thanks. After having the Northstar head job done, I have had no engine problems. I really love the car, and think maybe I just need to look for a lower mileage '99 to buy, with the knowledge that I have a good engine to transplant if necessary.

Do you think the Eldorado of the same era would support this same engine?

A '99 Eldorado should support the same engine but the Eldorado still had the dogbone motor supports but the Seville did not. I would think the heads are the same and the '99 engine would work in eith er car.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived