CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

My car came used with Hankook Ventus V12 tires and I didn't expect much, either in terms of performance or wear. But, I have absolutely no complaints about either. But I'm planning ahead and expect to buy a new set in the next few months.

My choice based on needing the car for year-round use and hoping to get a couple of years out of a set of tires is the new Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 because of its UTQG wear rating of 500 and service description of 100Y front, 103Y rear, and the all-season rating as opposed to summer tire rating. This will, I believe, give me the summer performance of the OEM Pilot Sport PS2 with twice the wear, and acceptable performance in the snow. But the Michelin Pilot Super Sport may perform better at the expense of only slightly less wear rating and don't-go-there snow rating, and the Goodyear Eagle F1 has identical UTQG and service description ratings to the Pilot Sport A/S 3 and is also an all-season tire.

Consumer reports, anyone? Please give the approximate part of the country (or world) that you drive in so that the weather and temperature that you experience while driving is part of your opinion.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 3 months later...

I did get Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season Ultra High Performance All-Season tires about a month ago, just as the first big storm hit. At this point, I have two things to say:

• They are OK in the snow, and excellent on cold pavement in weather as cold as 10 F, the coldest that I have driven the car so far.
  • The car is more controllable under throttle than with the Hankooks. There is no fish-tail, it just digs in and goes.

Actual performance will await warmer weather. Since I don't plan to get lap times, my impressions are subjective.

Anyone that *does* plan to get lap times, particularly with different tires on the same track with the same car, or at least two CTS-V cars, please share your data.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived