CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Howdy! Hey, do you *really* have a 4.9 liter engine in a 2013 Escalade?

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

We need to get a list of your OBD codes. Please see the reply to the PM you sent me for general instructions. There is a link to a Caddyinfo page on reading the codes in my signature block.

Your problems with the ABS and TCS warning lights could well be just connectors loose under the car or problems with the wiring harness that you or a friend can fix for little or nothing. But we need the OBD codes to tell what the problem is.

I would ignore the clunk in the rear suspension for now.

Bruce, when we get the specific complaints or the OBD codes, we might move this Topic to the general questions board.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

We need to get a list of your OBD codes. Please see the reply to the PM you sent me for general instructions...

Codes are as follow:

C1229 history (ABS)

C1228 history

C1235 current

C1282 history

C0615 current (RSS)

U1016 history (TTM)

B1009 current (VID)

B2734 current (VTD)

No codes: AMP DDM DIM IPC IPM IRC MSM PCM RFA RIM SDM

CURRENT codes that are causing the TC/ABS lights to come on:

C1235 Right Rear Wheel Speed Circuit Open or Shorted
C0615 Left Front Position Sensor Malfunction

These are likely due to loose connectors on the right rear wheel near the center, and a sensor that is connected to the left front suspension. Someone that is comfortable working on the car can probably fix this in a few minutes.

CURRENT codes I haven't seen before:
B1009 EEPROM Checksum Error
B2734 Coded Key Controller Memory Failure

I'm not sure about these codes. They could be caused by a problem with the battery connection. I would run the codes again and make sure that these code numbers are correct.

C1228 historyC1228 Right Rear Excessive Wheel Speed Variation

This probably happened because of a large pothole or your wheels are out of balance when you were driving at highway speeds.

You are absolutely correct! The rear driver side wheel is out of position and must be realigne. The security indicator is on, I was thinking it had something to do with the ignition switch? It's also displaying message to service the suspension which sends to be ok. At times the dash lights flicker and the remote doesn't work well... Thanks so much for your input and helping look up those codes, greatly appreciate it. I will have someone look at it immediately, afterwards we can check into the minor things and your best suggestion is as to how to fix those as well, thank you again!!

You are always in a better place if you have a good diagnosis from the OBD codes before you have the car looked at. Most mechanics and dealers will charge you, sometimes over $100, just to hook up a code reader and read the codes (and many of them will misinterpret them or go after the sensors and modules instead of the problems), and most mechanics don't know that you can read almost all the codes right from the dashboard of Cadillacs through the 2005 model year. If you do your own repairs, you won't even need a mechanic most of the time. Stay with us and we will work through all your car's problems. We like to do that here.

Archived