CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1995 SLS

Mark Grek

I had just replaced my fuel pressure regulator due to poor starts after being warmed up and also the pressence of fuel when pulling vacuum line off the nipple. That went well, even noticed better gas milage. Now all of a sudden it is hard starting when cold unless I depress the the throttle slightly, then it fires right up. The idle is absolutely perfect. Also runs perfect. I,m thinking ISC motor is starting to go. They are only on 93-95 Northstars. Has anybody experienced this type of problem?

Mark,

Ask someone to start the car in the morning and watch the ISC motor. Your problem could be justs ome mechanical restriction. And well... again.... CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Mark,

Ask someone to start the car in the morning and watch the ISC motor. Your problem could be justs ome mechanical restriction. And well... again.... CLEAN THE THROTTLE BODY

I did that today, it seams to be functioning ok except on start up. I think it is supposed to move throttle plate a slight bit when starting and its not. I also have heard the ratcheting sounds a few times when shutting car down, but that is intermittent. I wonder if I should extend that plunger out one turn if it would help on start up? I will also clean the throttle body.

Archived