CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

removing a shifter knob?

Rick Ramirez

If nobody gets back to you tonight, I'll go through the FSM and find it in the morning.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

it is easy. take a small flat blade screwdriver and there is a staple in front of the shifter, basically on the side facing the radio. Feel around and you will see what I mean.

If you can put it in first you can actually see it. Then you just carefully insert the screwdriver behind the staple and pull it out. NOTE the staple has a curve. pay attention to which way the curve goes for the reinstallation.

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

it is easy. take a small flat blade screwdriver and there is a staple in front of the shifter, basically on the side facing the radio. Feel around and you will see what I mean.

If you can put it in first you can actually see it. Then you just carefully insert the screwdriver behind the staple and pull it out. NOTE the staple has a curve. pay attention to which way the curve goes for the reinstallation.

If you forget, the convex part of the staple goes up.

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Archived