CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

3000 Mile Trip... The DTS Was Flawless, As usual...

Texas Jim

Left for Toronto Ohio to visit my Nephew and his family last week.
Returned home last night.

Covered about 3000 miles... DTS ran great with absolutely no issues... coolgleamA.gif
Mileage varied from around 20 to about 23.5.
The DTS now has a little over 136,000 miles on it.

Sitting here now, being thankful that I didn't get a ticket yesterday....
We covered the last 900 miles back home at a pretty good clip... LOL

We AVERAGED just a hair over 80 mph from Louisville Kentucky to Fort Worth TX...

Darling Wife said she wanted to be back home and sleep in her own bed.... I was just following orders. :)

Posted Image

Covered about 3000 miles... DTS ran great with absolutely no issues... coolgleamA.gif

We AVERAGED just a hair over 80 mph from Louisville Kentucky to Fort Worth TX...

Darling Wife said she wanted to be back home and sleep in her own bed.... I was just following orders. :)

Let's hear the story about avoiding the ticket!

Kevin
'93 Fleetwood Brougham
'05 Deville
'04 Deville
2013 Silverado Z71

Let's hear the story about avoiding the ticket!

No good story this time... thank goodness... LOL

I didn't get stopped on this trip... :)

But 900 miles in 11 hours is averaging about 81 mph and to average THAT, you are running just a tiny bit over the posted (suggested) speed limits.... :D

Posted Image

I am impressed with your endurance, but not with the gas mileage. - although your speed was high, were you using cruise control? - was your speed steady? I get that kind of mileage on my '96 with stop/go on local & highway mixed. When I take on a long trip (which its been a while), I get 26+

I am impressed with your endurance, but not with the gas mileage. - although your speed was high, were you using cruise control? - was your speed steady? I get that kind of mileage on my '96 with stop/go on local & highway mixed. When I take on a long trip (which its been a while), I get 26+

Actually I was pretty impressed with the mileage, considering the speed.

NO WAY would I use cruise at those speeds... LOL

You can not hold a steady speed when you are running a lot faster than the traffic flow.

You get behind packs of cars/trucks and have to work your way thru them ... then speed back up.

If I was driving at regular highway speeds, like most Cadillac drivers do, the mileage would have been a little better.

Most of the 900 miles was at around 90 to 100 mph.... with stretches of lighter traffic, sometimes 20+ miles at a time, at well OVER 100.

Posted Image

Going around Columbus (craziest drivers in the world) and Cini absolutely sucks. Next time go to Charleston and take 64 across, or come down rt 7 @ 65 mph, either way there will be a free dinner for you in Marietta.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Going around Columbus (craziest drivers in the world) and Cini absolutely sucks. Next time go to Charleston and take 64 across, or come down rt 7 @ 65 mph, either way there will be a free dinner for you in Marietta.

Dadgum it.... I forgot you were in Marietta... :(

I hate missing a free dinner... LOL

I came down 7 part of the way, then crossed the river on 470, S of Wheeling, and got on 2.

Picked up 77 at Parkersburg and went west on 64.

Posted Image

Ooops, you were right here. Anyway, good move avoiding Columbus, no such thing as a steady speed there, as well as rt 70 on the approach.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

I think you should check your average speed after a trip and compare it to Texas Jims, to average 81 mph is a feat in its own right. People traveling on the high side of the speed limit will likely not AVERAGE over 60 mph on a trip. I drive very aggressive and 81 mph is not something I do often. I am impressed.

Archived