CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

2011 DTS Platinum CD Player

BUICK11

We just purchased a nice 2011 Platinum DTS with 28K on it. We are trying to load 6 CD's in the Bose system. We have found in the manual where it says to hold the load button for 5 seconds and it will beep and we can begin to load the CD's. We can find the unload button on the upper right but unable to find the load button. Can anyone offer assistance. According to the literature it should have a 6 disk player since it is a Platinum.

Thanks

Look in your owner's manual. The reason for the single-CD player is probably because you can load as many CD's as you like on your HD. I believe that you hit "Record" as you insert the CD and it will load all the tracks onto the HD.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Check out the HD option for loading music, and try it and see if that does the trick.

-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data

If it has NAV... it only holds 1 cd at a time.

WITHOUT Nav, it will hold 6 cd's.

I rip my cd's to MP3 and then burn them back to a blank cd.

You can put around 200 to 250 MP3's on one CD.

Posted Image

I was wondering that myself, but if he is getting only 250 to a disk, it's a CD. If the player will take a DVD, you can get thousands of MP3 files on it.

It WILL NOT play MP3's from a DVD... or at least my 2006 won't...

I tried it...

That would almost be asking too much. At, say, 10 MB per MP3, that would be about 470 songs per DVD. But you can get about 70 songs on a CD-ROM (as opposed to a music CD, which can hold perhaps 20).

It WILL NOT play MP3's from a DVD... or at least my 2006 won't...

I tried it...

That would almost be asking too much. At, say, 10 MB per MP3, that would be about 470 songs per DVD. But you can get about 70 songs on a CD-ROM (as opposed to a music CD, which can hold perhaps 20).

A decent quality MP3...256 bit rate will usually. be under 4 meg each.

A standard CD is 700 meg... At 4 meg each, that would be 140 on each CD.

Posted Image

OK, I'll buy that. I got my 10 MB figure by doing a quick search, and I found a set of MP3's from a downloaded NIN album; perhaps this particular NIN album's songs had a lot more bandwidth than average music. :unsure:

OK, I'll buy that. I got my 10 MB figure by doing a quick search, and I found a set of MP3's from a downloaded NIN album; perhaps this particular NIN album's songs had a lot more bandwidth than average music. :unsure:

They might be VBR... that takes a lot of space...

Posted Image

Actually, I was thinking that white noise takes more bandwidth than sets of tones.

Actually, I was thinking that white noise takes more bandwidth than sets of tones.

I am not sure how much bandwidth white noise would use... but Variable Bit Rate MP3's are a good bit bigger than 256 bit rate.... or at least they are when "I" make them. LOL

Posted Image

White noise, such as you can get from cymbal rolls in a snare drum set, or approximate with a cacophony of discordant sounds, is not very compressible with any algorithm. Pure white noise, as in the hiss heard in silence by turning the volume control all the way up, is not compressible at all, and most compression algorithms will result in a file size that is larger than a simple WAV file if the amplitude is high enough so that you don't have a bunch of zero bits at high volume that the MP3 compression can take advantage of.

White noise, such as you can get from cymbal rolls in a snare drum set, or approximate with a cacophony of discordant sounds, is not very compressible with any algorithm. Pure white noise, as in the hiss heard in silence by turning the volume control all the way up, is not compressible at all, and most compression algorithms will result in a file size that is larger than a simple WAV file if the amplitude is high enough so that you don't have a bunch of zero bits at high volume that the MP3 compression can take advantage of.

Today is a good day... I learned something today. :)

Posted Image

Archived