CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

1999 DeVille gets Traction Control Light & SBS light comes on

Some days in heavy traffic the traction control light & the SBS (braking) light come on. She doesn't ride any different and after I shut down the lights reset. Happens maybe once every 10 days or so. Any idea as to what triggers these indicators to come on at the same time?

Whenever a warning light comes on, it means that one of the car's computers has detected a problem. When that happens, an OBD DTC (device trouble code) is set in the computer. You can run the codes from your A/C buttons and read them off the DIC (driver information center) below the speedometer. With the key on, press <Off> and <Pass Warmer> together for a few seconds until all the dash lights come on like you just turned on the key, then release them both. The car's computer will go into the diagnostic mode and poll the car's modules one at a time and display the codes. Write them down and post them here. They will tell you what is causing the warning lights to come on, even if they aren't on when you run the codes.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived