CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

It's Been Sold since May 1, 2013, But...

Cadillac Jim

I sent a bill of sale and a signed-off title to the buyer on May 1, 2013. On July 28, I ran a CarFAX on the VIN. The interesting part is that the CARFAX Price Adjustment is +$2,270, based on information available through CarFAX sources. The last entry was July 2011, and the new AC/Delco shocks and struts aren't on there, nor are the PowerStop brakes, nor the Timken front hubs, or any other improvements since June 2011.

I just ran yet another CarFAX (September 25 and got the same data, Price Adjustment +$2,270, "Certified One Owner," and no new data since June 2011.

The car is still in my name somewhere.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

• 5 years later...

Update on December 9, 2018 - a new CarFAX shows that the car still is in my name, over five years after being sold.

NEVER let someone leave with a signed-over title.  Get their signature and information on the title and put it in for re-registering yourself.  This is why car dealers do all the paperwork and never let the buyer have the title to file.

CTS-V_LateralGs_6-2018_tiny.jpg
-- Click Here for CaddyInfo page on "How To" Read Your OBD Codes
-- Click Here for my personal page to download my OBD code list as an Excel file, plus other Cadillac data
-- See my CaddyInfo car blogs: 2011 CTS-V, 1997 ETC
Yes, I was Jims_97_ETC before I changed cars.

Archived