CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Low Oil Pressure. Shut off Engine!

Good evening All,

Today, I was running late for work after helping my son change out the heater core on my daughter's Deville, I got the Low Oil Pressure, Shut off Engine information on the DIC. This happened to me once before, about a year ago. Both times I immeidately shut down the engine and coasted to a stop. I opened the hood and verified there was plenty of oil using the dip stick. I re-started the car and all has been fine. Should I be changing out a sensor, or what? Is the oil pressure sensor located at the top of the filter? I am putting together an order for Rock Auto, so I might as well change the sensor out at the same time, if that would be the culprit. It seems I replaced two "O" Rings that had been leaking above the oil filter once before, but not the sensor. Please advise your thoughts.

Thanks

Ohio Jim

....I got the Low Oil Pressure, Shut off Engine information on the DIC. This happened to me once before, about a year ago. Both times I immeidately shut down the engine and coasted to a stop. I opened the hood and verified there was plenty of oil using the dip stick. I re-started the car and all has been fine.

Should I be changing out a sensor....? Is the oil pressure sensor located at the top of the filter?

Yes and yes.

Caveat. Do not install a pressure sensor switch other than the OEM ACDelco part number. Generic aftermarket switches are not designed/calibrated properly for the oil pressures encountered in the Northstar engine.

Jim

Drive your car.

Use your cell phone.

CHOOSE ONE !

I would recommend replacing the oil level sensor if you have not already done so also.

Replacing both should give you a long time of oil peace

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

• 2 weeks later...

it is not far from the other sensor. Front side of the block between the subframe, right by the a/c compressor.

They are fairly common to fail and show a false low oil level message. I figure if I am right there it is easy to do both

GM FAN FOREVER

Nice, clean, luxury= fine automobile

Archived