CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Non-Bose AM/FM Cassette Radio Problem

WarrenJ

I wonder if anyone has experienced a problem similar to mine.

My radio had only "noise" on AM & FM; cassette plays properly, but with very low left channel volume. I purchased an "experienced tuner pack (trunk mounted)" from www.cadauto.com (great and highly recomended folks by-the-way). It was "tested and guaranteed" for 90 days. Same symptoms precisely.

Likely, the "head" unit in the dash is bad??

Is it concievable that a wiring problem is preventing proper network communications between the dash-mounted head unit and the trunk unit?

Regards,

Warrren

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Sometimes, I'm not too observant. I just noticed that below my name I'm described as "Fanatic 50+ Posts"). Apparently, I'm in good company! Many others are there with me.:blink:

JEEZE, . . . it was just a radio question!

Regards,

Warren :D:D:D:D

Posted Image

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved. - Ludwig von Mises

Noise coming from all four speakers usually indicates a problem other than speakers. However, low volume coming from one speaker usually indicates a "blown" driver in the speaker as a "blown" channel is usually void of any sound. Is that speaker void of high or low frequencies? Isolate your speaker using the fader controls then vary the treble and bass control to detect a blown tweeter/mid-range/woofer (It probably only a 2-way speaker).

If you are not getting noise from the cassette player then I think you can rule bad wiring. Since you are getting noise from AM and FM, I think you can rule out antennas, as well. The only remaining thing would be the tuner in the head unit, which is not practical to fix,...only replace.

One final point, have you recently performed any ignition mod.s or changes? Sometimes this type of interference shows up in your broadcast signals.

One final point, have you recently performed any ignition mod.s or changes? Sometimes this type of interference shows up in your broadcast signals.

Turn off the engine (apparently when parked) and see if the noise id gone. This will indicate ignition influence.

The saddest thing in life is wasted talent

Archived