CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Bloomberg: Cadillac’s Bigger CTS Fighting BMW 5 Series Tests Boss

Bruce Nunnally

“Think about what we don’t have versus our competition,” Mark Reuss, president of GM North America, said during an interview yesterday at Bloomberg headquarters in New York. “We’re looking at all of those holes in the portfolio for Cadillac.”

While Reuss and Ferguson declined to comment on specific future products, the Cadillac chief said he knows there’s interest in more models. GM in 2012 promised 10 new or revamped Cadillac vehicles to increase U.S. sales to about 300,000 within two years from less than half that in 2012. Those new vehicles include the Escalade that will be revealed in October.

Read more: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-20/cadillac-s-bigger-cts-fighting-bmw-5-series-tests-boss.html

Bruce

2023 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing

Follow me on: Twitter Instagram Youtube

The only 'fail' I see in the new CTS is that even after gaining five inches in overall length the rear seat room and trunk capacity are virtually the same as the out going model. The new CTS is heads and tails a better car (and I like it a lot) it's just that I wish they would have spared and inch or two rearward (to the departments I mentioned).

Chuck

'19 CT6, '04 Bravada........but still lusting for that '69 Z-28

Here's one thing the CTS doesn't have that the 5 series does:

9/20/2013

BMW is recalling more than 134,000 5-Series cars in the U.S. because the rear lights can fail.

The recall affects 528i, 535i, 550i and M5 cars from the 2008 through 2010 model years.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says on its website that increased electrical resistance can damage connections to the lights. That could cause loss of tail, brake turn-signal or backup lights.

The build quality of the new GM cars is outstanding and improving each year. My Volt is over 1 year old now and has yet to develop the first squeak or rattle. My neighbor brought this fact to my attention regarding his recently purchased Chevy Cruze turbo, same thing with his car, no rattles at all, no issues.

Never underestimate the amount of a persons greed.

Archived