CaddyInfo Cadillac Forum

Little update of my project

CustomGTP

thanks for the updated url........... that is going to be ridiculus. wow that's alot of great work. very impressive.

Christopher Petro

94 sts

67 coupe de Ville

user posted image

That car is going to be one sweet ride! B)

One thing I didn't think about until I saw that last picture... I never realized there is so much difference between the two valver covers, because it was a transverse mounted motor originally. What is the plan for those? Would the covers from the RWD N* motors of today (ie. XLR) fit that era motor? Can just imagine the dealer price on a pair of those! :o

I can just imagine you chomping at the bit to get that beast out on the blacktop! I remember when I built my first Pontiac 400 motor for my 73 Firebird... Once I had her running I had to take it out on the road to feel that power, even though it didn't have all the sheetmetal or glass in it yet! :P With no gas tank, trunk lid, tail panel, bumper, etc. it would light up the tires in 3rd gear easily by just punching it!! :D

Keep up the good work!

'09 Cadillac CTS-4 3.6 direct injection, 128 K mi.
'15 Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 5.3i V8, 125 K mi
'70 Firebird Formula 400, Bored+.04, RAIII heads, M21 4spd., in-process restoration!

CustomGTP,

You are the MAN!

You show incredible talent and initiative! I wish I had a project like that going on!

How many total hours would you estimate this will take?

How much money will be spent?

No Matter - It will all be worth it!

Keep up the GREAT work!

I can see you will see this project 'til the end!

Keep us posted...PLEASE!

By the way....

What the heck do you do for a livin?

Where did you get your education in this type of work?

I can't believe you are just winging it!

Thanx guys,

I am a self taught mechanic. I work for myself and I get large amounts of tips for the "favors" that I do for peoples cars. :rolleyes: I would say 6 months 8-10 hours a day (avg) starting at 8 or 9am then working til 10 or 12 at night for 6 months. Its two years in planning, gutting, cutting and fabbing. THEN going out to people houses and working on their cars. Money spent would be around $5500 including paintjob by me. Paid for every part in cash/money order and have traveled to 3-4 states to gather them. My girlfriend was into cars and was very supportive and loved my initiative and drive to do this project.

Also those valve covers from 2000 up are coil on spark plug setup so im guessing they wont.. but havent tried. I'm looking to get a 2003 XLR engine cover with hopes that it will bolt on to my 98 intake.. (gonna try it AT the dealer before I leave)

Thanx again guys... :D

Archived